Get to know more about your #Binibini29 Cassandra Chan through dance.
She is a certified ballet dancer of the Philippine Ballet Theatre. What’s more, she graduated cum laude from the University of the Philippines with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Visual Communication.
Watch the brief video clip below.
In an industry where professionally-credentialed beauties are looked at as either boring or stilted, your 25 Year-old Binibini 25 Jerelleen Rodriguez comes like a breath of fresh air because she is neither. She has this engaging and down-to-earth personality that compliments her long list of achievements, as follows:
– Certified Public Accoutant
– Professor, Department of Accounting and Finance, University of the Philippines – Diliman
– 2nd year Law Student, UP College of Law
– Top 6, October 2013 CPA board licensure exam
– Cum laude, BS Business Administration and Accountancy, UP Diliman
– member of the National Union of People’s Lawyers
– Chief Finance Officer, MGC Holdings, Inc., an angel investment hub
– Education advocate
– advocacy: critical thinking on social issues and right to access to information
You might think that Jerelleen is a better fit for Julia Morley’s pageant. But she is more than just about crunching numbers, preparing legal documents and teaching in front of desk-bound university students. She has the height, looks and panache to evolve into a more exciting candidate in Bb. Pilipinas. With a difference, that is. And that, my dear readers, is what she plans to prove in the weeks to come as she embarks on her journey as your Binibini 25.
She could be the face of Binibining Pilipinas…..
But not this year because she is only 17. In 2013, by which time she will have already turned 18, this girl could be the one to beat. Her killer dimples remind me so much of TV/Film Actress Carla Abellana. In fact, she can pass off as the young sister.
Let’s not get too prematurely excited. At this point, I trust that her famous handlers will transform this sweet-looking ingenue into a young elegant woman worthy of becoming a beauty queen in a year (or two) from now.
For now, let’s be happy that the (University of the) Philippines is not running out of knockout beauty-and-brains to field in our national pageants.
Now back to the title of this blog feature.
Who’s that girl?
Just call her ‘Patch” 😉