Miss Universe Philippines has started donating food on Monday to stranded students in UP Diliman and families at the National Children’s Hospital. Due to the lockdown, the families and the students have limited access to food. National Director Shamcey Supsup-Lee is spearheading this drive through Pedro and Coi’s Byaheng Busog project. For those who wish to help, please check their website byahengbusog.com.ph on how to do so. Free delivery for a minimum order of 50 food packs. You can also donate food packaging materials and ingredients. For donations you can contact 8936-1963 and look for Ira.
Earlier today at the Empire Studios inside Uptown Mall in BGC, the much awaited Miss Universe Philippines Press Conference was held with a jampacked attendance from members of the quadri-media. The #pillars of the organization – along with Frontrow representatives – sat in the panel and engaged in a long discussion where they answered several questions from the Press.
National Director Shamcey Supsup-Lee, Creative Director Jonas Gaffud, Head of Legal Affairs Atty Nad Bronce, Head of Women Empowerment & Charity Lia Andrea Ramos, Design Council Head Albert Andrada and Business Development/Marketing Head Mario Garcia – with Frontrow President RS Francisco and CEO Sam Verzosa – took turns in answering questions and explaining their participation in the entire pageant exercise.
How was the group formed?
In a few nutshells, here are some of the important details worth citing:
1) Finals Night will be on May 3 at the Mall of Asia Arena (no details yet on their network partner)
2) The number of Official Candidates could be as many as the number of their accredited partners in the provinces and highly-urbanized cities of the country. Hence, it is not impossible to have 114 contenders for as long as each one of them pass the standards set by the organization. It could be less but at this point, prepare for a high number. I am seeing a minimum of 50 if my hunch is right.
3) The format? Let Jonas and Albert explain below.
4) The Official Candidates will have a 2-month pre-pageant duration from February 20 to the end of April. The first week of May will be earmarked for rehearsals.
5) During the pre-pageant period, the ladies will be afforded the chance to earn compensation by way of the digital business tie-ups being finalized by Mario Garcia. In it, social media savvy will be crucial. The more influential a candidate is, the better.
6) Atty Nad Bronce is coming up with a more improved method of training the candidates in Q&A and communication. I am pleased to tell you that he has asked your blogger’s assistance in this part which should happen around March.
7) Lia Ramos will endeavor to make good leaders out of the candidates by providing them with a useful platform/s in building yo their respective advocacies and the sustainable tourism efforts of the organization.8) For walk-in applicants who make the grade, they will be endorsed to accredited partners with no representative, provided that they have reasonable geographical affiliation, or if a province or city expresses its intent in “adopting” the candidate.
9) Non-performing or abusive accredited partners can have their certificate/s revoked if found in violation of organizational rules and policies in due diligence and transactions.
Now for an interesting concern that Shamcey responded to, please watch below. She spoke about her relationship with BPCI and Jorge and Stella Araneta and how she plans to make things smooth, especially that the couple are Principal Sponsors during her wedding to Lloyd Lee.
Watch out for more updates soon!
In the search for the #PhenomenalWoman – that is, confidently beautiful Filipinas selected from the best of the best – meet the #pillars who will join forces to achieve the most unprecedented effort yet of crowning the next Miss Universe Philippines!
Are you ready?
What wonderful things await the Miss Universe Philippines 2020 Official Candidates during the two months of pre-pageant competition?
Take it from the organization:
“A holistic approach to the development of every contestant will be employed in Miss Universe Philippines. For 2 months, they will be trained in hairstyling and make up by Mickey See with Nix Studio, master the art of doing question and answer with Ana Teresa Licaros and Atty Nad Bronce, enhance understanding of women empowerment with Lia Ramos, learn how to work the runway from Jonas Gaffud, and attend insightful talks by Shamcey Supsup, Pia Wurtzbach, Catriona Gray, Venus Raj, and many more! If you want to witness your own beautiful transformation, join Miss Universe Philippines today!”
Yesterday during the Grand Opening of the flagship store of Smilee Apparel in Binondo, Manila, Miss Universe Philippines National Director Shamcey Supsup-Lee was cornered by invited members of the media about some burning questions regarding the inaugural edition of Miss Universe Philippines. As expected, she dodged some of the inquiries – such as when exactly the finals will be or how many official candidates will be chosen – that can only be answered during the upcoming Press Conference that should be scheduled later next week.
She happily obliged, though, when asked to describe the type of Filipina who deserves to win the national crown. Or what she must possess, if you will.
Watch her answer below.
And on a lighter side about MUP2020, Shamcey answered this question:
My personal thoughts about the answer of Shamcey above? Well, the organization is definitely looking for Filipinas who are built to last – not only the competition itself, but also the physical and mental demands of potentially becoming the next Miss Universe Philippines. I’m sure the filtration process will be tough, knowing how she would dissect the minds and hearts of aspirants for the crown.
How about you, dear readers? Who are your pegs for the title? Give me one ideal girl you have in mind and briefly describe why she would be the best fit. 😊
Earlier in the day, the flagship store of Smilee Apparel was formally opened in Binondo, Manila complete with all the trimmings of good luck that should bring good fortune and more prosperity for the newest business of the husband-and-wife team of Lloyd Lee and now Miss Universe Philippines National Director Shamcey S. Lee. A festive lion dance ceremony was performed after the ribbon-cutting. A short program was held in the 2nd floor where balladeer Christian Bautista serenaded everyone with two of his most famous songs.
CEO Paul Lee spoke to all guests and engagingly narrated the start of his textile business from scratch and how he considers #SmileeApparel as just the start of bigger things to come. Given his success, he thanked the City of Manila for the continued support and even pledged P1.00 to the city government for and even pledged to the city government P1.00 for every item sold for a period of one year. Along with this, he presented a check donation of One Million Pesos to the Manila City Hall.
Smilee Apparel will definitely set the standard in the products they will sell in the market. From tshirts to polo shirts to hoodies and more, they will expand the market into online, retail and wholesale. Popular clothing brands in the Philippines are already sourcing from them – proof of the quality they continue to preserve through the years.
Congratulations to everyone behind Smilee Apparel!
Tomorrow, watch out for my Sunday Specials blog entry on what Shamcey Supsup-Lee is looking for in the next Miss Universe Philippines!
Battle Royale begins!
The first step for an empowered, confident, and beautiful Filipina to conquer the Universe begins today. The application process for the first-ever Miss Universe Philippines Pageant happening in 2020 is now officially open!
Download the form in the link below, fill it out completely, and then e-mail scanned copy to email@example.com.
Deadline of submission for application forms is on January 18, 2020. Screenings will happen from January 20-24, 2020. Final screening will be on January 25, 2020.
Watch out for our official website that will go live soon for announcements.