Pia and Catriona!
Below are photos of the Binibinis during the Charity Fashion Gala at the Marriott Grand Ballroom as organized by Miss Universe Philippines, Bb. Pilipinas and Frontrow for Love Yourself and Young Focus.
Now to the heart of this post:
You know why it is so hard to pick a Miss Universe Philippines winner this year?
1. The pressure of a #BackToBack Win In Miss Universe 2019
2. The pressure of measuring up to Catriona Gray who raised the bar so high for her potential successor to live up to. Can you imagine how much more anxious pageant fans and followers would be if she only made it as 1st Runner-Up last December? We’ll all end up looking for someone who can exceed – and not just match – her (already lofty) qualifications.
3. The pressure of looking for that impossibly perfect (mythical, dare I say) #Binibini who ticks all the boxes in our list of requirements. There will always be small to moderate compromises along the way. After all, nobody’s perfect.
Quoting a tag line from #TheSilverLiningsAcademy of Nicole Cordoves and Carlos Buendia Jr – “Finding the best parts of your best self”. We need to see the best parts in the best versions of each #Binibini. They have been giving it their 101% since March 18. And mind you, this has been the longest pre-pageant search of any modern Bb. Pilipinas edition ever – close to three months!
Why am I saying these things? It’s because different pageant sites and blogs – including mine – will start posting final predictions on who could succeed Queen Catriona for the national crown in the next day or two. Whoever is tagged as #1 the most (or the least) and regardless of the differences or similarities in our choices, let us respect the varying views.
Let us not look for the “perfect” #MissUniversePhilippines imagined inside our heads, but the one who would be “best” among the forty (40) Binibinis to be further trained and polished to represent the country in Miss Universe.
Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach – in the iconic blue Michael Cinco worn during her farewell walk – and her wax figure for Madame Tussauds Hongkong that was launched here in Manila earlier.
Indeed, Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach is a woman redefined on the March, 2019 cover of Mega Magazine.
Photography by Dookie Ducay | Makeup by @mickey see | Hair by @renzpangilinan #piawurtzbach #missuniverse2015
Channeling her inner Pia Wurtzbach in these photos is our bet for Miss International Queen 2019 – Nicole Guevarra Flores – who is currently in Thailand representing the Philippines in the said competition. She is also the reigning Super Sireyna Worldwide.
Please support Miss Philippines #NicoleGuevarraFlores to win The Most Popular Introductory Video by VIEWING her video clip on YouTube.
YouTube Direct Link:
The number of VIEWS on “YouTube” will be combined with the number of LIKES and SHARES on Facebook. The winner will be announced in the final show on 8th March 2019 from Tiffany’s Show Pattaya Tiffany’s Show.
Eight of the Philippines’ finest in Miss Universe during last night’s Tribute Concert. No wonder the country is the envy of every pageant-loving country in the Universe:
Miss Universe 2018 Catriona Gray
Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach
Miss Universe 2013 3rd Runner-Up Ara Arida
Miss Universe 2011 3rd Runner-Up Shamcey Supsup-Lee
Miss Universe 2010 4th Runner-Up Venus Raj
Miss Universe 2016 Top 6 Maxine Medina
Miss Universe 2017 Top 10 Rachel Peters and
Miss Universe 2014 Top 10 MJ Lastimosa
How I wish Miss Universe 2012 1st Runner-Up Janine Tugonon flew in from the US to join the eight others.
If Ginebra San Miguel has Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach as endorser, then San Mig Light takes pride in having Miss Universe 2018 Catriona Gray as theirs. San Miguel Corporation must be smiling from ear to ear now.
Queen Cat finally spreads her wings to a big national endorsement. She has already appeared in a long list of TVCs ever since she was a young teener, but this one will be her first major clinch as Miss Universe.
Watch out for the premiere of the TVC on March 1!
Watch “Raise Your Flag for Catriona Gray”, the grand homecoming of Miss Universe 2018 Catriona Gray live at the Smart Araneta Coliseum on February 24, 2019. Joining the grand tribute for the Philippines’ fourth Miss Universe titleholder are Bamboo, Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach, Jed Madela, Kz Tandingan, Morisette Amon, TNT boys, Maymay Entrata & Vice Ganda together with the ABS-CBN Philharmonic Orchestra and other surprise guests!
Admission is FREE! Please see mechanics below:
1) A separate ticket is required upon entry. Free upper box and general admission tickets will be released to the public from February 21 until February 24 or until supplies last.
2) Claiming of free tickets is from 10 AM to 8 PM only at the Ticketnet Box Office located at the yellow gate of Smart Araneta Coliseum.
3) Please be reminded that ONLY TWO (2) tickets will be given per person.
For other inquiries, you may call TicketNet at (02) 911 5555.
This event is made possible by PLDT Home Fibr, Jollibee, Novotel Manila Araneta Center, Philippine Airlines, Manila Bulletin.