Miss Earth 2010 Nicole Faria will come full circle tomorrow night when she crowns her successor at the UP Theatre. It was a meaningful reign for the beautiful Indian lass who wowed everyone last year in Nha Trang, Vietnam where she became the first representative from her country to win the Miss Earth title. From that point, she took part in a good number of environment-related activities, pursued Mother Earth-friendly causes and even spearheaded a flood relief operation in Thailand a couple of months back.
As big sister to the 85 delegates this year, she displayed an affable and natural warmth while discretely scouting each one of them to see who deserves to win the 2011 crown.
The big question is: will she be crowning another Indian? Not a far-fetched possibility because Hasleen Kaur is also an outstanding beauty queen. We’ll see what happens! 😉
(Photo credit: Bruce Casanova of OPMB Worldwide)
The stage looks great! And the ladies are having the time of their lives in Nha Trang, Vietnam!
Don’t forget that this coming Saturday, December 4, the coronation night of Miss Earth 2010 will unfold. Who will be the successor of Miss Earth 2009 Larissa Ramos? Who will be the Elemental Beauties – Misses Water, Air and Fire – this year?
The answers rest on the hands of these ten (10) individuals who will serve as this year’s Board of Judges:
• Mike Rosenthal – Hollywood photographer to the stars; guest photographer and judge on the TV show “America’s Next Top Model”
• Marie J.Y.E. Collart – Actress, Producer, Publicist, and Spokesperson to American and French Stars
• Rachel Grant de Longueuil – Hollywood Actress and Eco-Activist
• Ella Bella – Youth Ambassador for the United Nations Environmental Programme (UNEP)
• Eddy Tan – Head, Star World, FX, [V]. TVN & Nat Geo
• Karla Paula Henry – Miss Earth 2008
• Nenad Bratic – Famous architect of Aedas Interiors Company in Hong Kong
• Pham Sanh Chau – Secretary General of the Vietnam National Commission for UNESCO
• Hoang Dai Thanh – Chief Editor of the Journal of Young Fashion Designers
• Nguyen Nhu Quynh – Vietnamese Artist; many of her designs were selected for exhibition at the Musée de Mode, Paris in 2010. She is also a Violinist and a Dancer
Below is the dance rehearsal video of the ladies’ opening number:
video courtesy of YouTube/CynthiaTongSpicy
There will be two telecasts in the Philippines – one at 9pm over cable channel StarWorld and another at a later hour on ABS-CBN Channel 2.
And watch out for my hot picks for the crown come Saturday morning! 😉
After making the rounds of Vietnam’s urban cities, the 82 official delegates of Miss Earth 2010 finally arrive in Nha Trang which will host the finals of the pageant come December 4, 2010. The ladies are now enjoying the resort city – while staying at the plush Vinpearl Nha Trang Resort & Spa – to the fullest as you can see in the pictures below:
Following the fun and excitement, the next 10 days will be crucial for the ladies as they get ready for non-stop rehearsals and the very competitive preliminary screening from the judges who will trim down the 82 candidates to just the Top 16 to be announced come coronation night next week.
Good luck, girls! 😉