I extend my deepest sympathies to the family of beauty queen April Love Jordan who succumbed to liver cancer last Friday, June 21. She is 31. May her soul be at peace with our Heavenly Father.
You will all remember April Love as part of several national beauty pageants such as Mutya ng Pilipinas, Bb. Pilipinas, Miss Philippines Earth and Miss World Philippines. She brougjt honor to the country by winning the title “Beauty of the World” last 2009.
Photo credit: JAO
Five (5) interesting “Did-You-Know” specifics about your #Binibini19 Ilene Astrid de Vera:
1. Did you know that she loves doing fun sports like surfing, boxing and car racing?
2. Did you know that – before Bb. Pilipinas started this year – she applied with Qatar Airways and got accepted? She was told to wait three months (from mid Feb to May) to know when she will fly to Doha for training.
3. Did you know that she trained for Bb Pilipinas 2019 as early as November last year as soon as she passed her Mutya Ng Pilipinas and Miss Asia Pacific International crowns?
4. Did you know that a fortune teller told her last year that she should join a beauty pageant after seeing that she has a very big chance of winning again? She was also advised to take care of herself and start losing weight asap. Before that, she never had any close encounters with fortune tellers. She just felt that the person seemed very serious in everything that was told her. Our lovely Cebuana took that as one of the reasons why she is working hard for the pageant everyday.
5. Did you know that she worked closely with GABRIELA | A National Alliance of Women for her advocacy which is to spread awareness about women’s rights, especially that of single mothers? Being raised by one pushed her to champion this cause.
Catch Ilene in the much-awaited Press Presentation this week!
Photo credit: JAO
The 50-year old beauty organization – Mutya ng Pilipinas – announces its new management led by media celebrity and women empowerment advocate Cory Quirino as its President.
Ms. Quirino brings with her six successful years in pageantry having produced outstanding winners including one major international crown.
Fred Yuson, Chairman of Mutya ng Pilipinas, revealed the strategic move as “one which will positively secure the future of the organization.”
Quirino shared, “In the search for the Hometown Girl, we at Mutya intend to give every young lady who dreams of having a crown on her head and a chance to be discovered.”
Instrumental in bridging Mutya closer to aspiring candidates was the signing of an MOU with the Liga ng mga Barangay headed by Kapitana Eden Pineda under the auspices of DILG Usec. for Barangay Affairs, Martin Diño.
“Wherever the Filipina is and whatever hometown she resides in, whether here or abroad, we extend a warm invitation to her to become a member of the Mutya ng Pilipinas family”, announced Cory Quirino.
Meanwhile, the official search of Mutya ng Pilipinas begins on April 2019. Coronation night is set for August, 2019.
This could already be old news for some. In fact, the talks about the new President of Mutya ng Pilipinas has been streaming along pageant circles for quite some time now. Only the formality of it all is being awaited. The grand announcement should happen by March 27 at the Ascott Makati.
Cory Quirino – formerly of Miss World Philippines – will be the new President of Mutya ng Pilipinas.
What actually surprised me is the identity of one of their new partners. I don’t want to preempt the reveal of his identity. But suffice it to say in a hint, he is one of our popular male singers who also happens to be a comedian. You should have guessed by now.
Otherwise, kung hindi nyo pa nahuhulaan hanggang ngayon, nandito ako para tanungin nyo.
And she has finally started the journey to becoming a Binibini!
Leren Mae M. Bautista filed her Bb. Pilipinas 2019 application today at the BPCI Offices in Araneta Center.
She wore a Chico Estiva jumpsuit in the color of the pageant’s logo. Justine Diamante did her hair and makeup for the day.
Watch out for the #PrideofLosBanos and the entire Province of Laguna in the final screenings that will start next week!
Today marks the 26th birthday of former Mutya ng Pilipinas and Miss Tourism Queen of the Year International Leren Mae Bautista. And people in the pageant scene are already aware of her plans to join Bb. Pilipinas 2019. I also heard that she might – just might – do a Catriona Gray and pursue another national crown as an Independent. Not 100% confirmed yet, although I don’t see anything wrong with taking that route. After all, Queen Cat has already set a precedent. Following her trail will always be a nice option to seriously consider.
Happy Birthday, Leren dear! 🙂
The photo of Dream Girl of the Year International 2018/2019 Julieane “Aya” Fernandez and I truly exude the spirit of joy and happiness this Christmas Season.
Thanks for taking the shot, Joy Arguil!
Aya just returned earlier from her pageant mission in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for Miss Tourism International 2018/2019.
Merry Christmas! 💝