It is interesting to note that when actress Kim Chiu wore that Benj Leguiab IV gown (made fun of in different memes like the one above) during the recently-concluded ABS-CBN Ball 2019, she mentioned in her vlog that it was made for her by the designer only around two months ago.
Rewind to September, 2018 during the time of Mutya ng Pilipinas Gold when the candidate of the Filipino Community from Canada West Coast (Anne Nathalie Longakit) wore almost the same creation (with less details on the lower part) from the same designer in a preliminary event held at Ascott BGC.
Anne Nathalie Longakit during Mutya ng Pilipinas Gold – September, 2018
If not for that “shawarma” meme, I wouldn’t have remembered the similarities at all.
It’s our golden year!
O ikaw.. o ikaw na nga..
Ikaw na ba ang hinahanap na Mutya?
Narito na ang “Manila Screening” para sa Mutya Ng Pilipinas 2018 – ang iyong pagkakataon upang maipakita ang angkin mong ganda, talino at halina!
Maging bahagi ng ginintuang taon. Sa ika-15 ng Hulyo, taong kasalukuyan, pumunta sa Ascott Makati simula alas-dos ng hapon. Humarap nang buong ningning sa mga hurado at patunayan na ikaw ay karapat-dapat na maging isa sa mga opisyal na kandidata.
• Natural Born Female; High School Graduate. At least 18 but not more than 24 years old; with a minimum height of 5’5”;
• Must be least a high school graduate
• Must possess beauty of face and figure, has an outstanding personality, smart and witty;
• Must be single and never been married;
• Must have never been pregnant;
• Must be of Filipino ancestry, with at least one (1) grandparent in the direct paternal or maternal line possessing Filipino citizenship
• One Colored Passport size photo, one colored head shot and one Colored Full Body shot in swimsuit
• Photocopy of Birth Certificate
• Photocopy of High School Diploma, if available
• Overseas participants must submit proof of Filipino ancestry in the form of a certified true copy of the Birth Certificate of either the Filipino grandparents or parents.
Please visit our website, http://www.mutyapilipinas.com or our facebook page facebook.com/mutyangpilipinaspageant and watch out for our screening and regional competitions in your are!
Baka ikaw na nga ang natatanging Mutya!
The country’s second-oldest existing national Beauty Pageant will celebrate an important milestone in 2018.
Mutya ng Pilipinas will turn Gold next year. And this could only mean that the next edition will be its biggest ever.
For starters, the organizers – headed by its President Hemilyn Escudero-Tamayo will endeavor to assemble a total number of Fifty (50) Official Candidates coming from all over the country and the different Filipino Communities abroad. Aside from that, they will do the exceedingly demanding task of gathering all the previous titleholders, including those who previously joined but found success in other national beauty competitions.
I also reckon that there will be additional titles at stake to be formally awarded after the participation of Hannah Khayle Iglesia in the AMA Asian International Super Model Contest and Sofia Sibug in Global Beauty Queen.
This is going to be big. And normannorman.com will be there to bring it to you – being one of the accredited media partners of Mutya ng Pilipinas. Beyond quickie Facebook/Instagram posts and the like, our team will bring you the substance of its Golden Year.
And don’t get us started with the older national beauty search – the finals of which will take place earlier than the Lenten Week Observance.
Season’s Greetings from the Mutya ng Pilipinas 2017 Queens!