Darlene May Reyes was crowned Miss Tourism Queen International Philippines 2017
Instant titleholder Darlene May Reyes
An interesting turn of events happened during the Miss Philippines 2017 Press Presentation held earlier at the poolside of Sulo Riviera Hotel in Quezon City. Five (5) titles are at stake in the competition. But due to the nearing schedule of one of them, one candidate has already been crowned winner. Darlene May Reyes of Bauan, Batangas (you will remember her as Mutya ng Singapore during the recently-concluded Mutya ng Pilipinas
) is now Miss Tourism Queen International Philippines 2017 and will already leave for China on September 2 to represent the country in the big world finals latter part of next month.
It was a pleasant surprise for Darlene who welcomed the instant win (first ever for a Press Presentation of a national pageant in the Philippines to happen) and she will now prepare herself for the mission that will be the fulfillment of her lifelong pageant dream.
Watch the video of the announcement below.
This video doesn’t exist
That leaves us with four (4) more titles up for grabs among the 36 remaining contenders – Face of Beauty International Philippines, Miss Princess of the World Philippines, Miss Diamond of the World Philippines and Queen & Beauty Universe Philippines. Finals night will be on September 18. By the way, Isabel Alves of Talisay City was named Darling of the Press during the proceedings.
For now, President/CEO Gareth Blanco will bring the ladies on a provincial caravan to Quezon and Bolinao in Pangasinan where they will fully enjoy the hospitality of both Northern and Southern Luzon.
Below is a photo grid of some of the candidates as taken by Joy Arguil for normannorman.com
With the Press Presentation scheduled to happen soon, Miss Philippines 2017 will be the newest multi-title national beauty contest to inaugurate this year. President/CEO Francisco “Gareth” Z. Blanco is finally bringing his dream pageant to fruition. The Metro Manila screening was completed at Sequoia Hotel yesterday, inching close to the final roster of Forty (40) Official Candidates, alongside entries from the provinces and Filipino Communities abroad.
Yesterday’s final screening for Metro Manila
There will be five (5) titles at stake – with all of the chosen winners scheduled to represent the country in various international competitions overseas – majority of them in very interesting host locations:
1) Miss Princess of the World 2017 scheduled from late September to early October with the competition happening aboard a Cruise Ship in the Mediterranean Sea crossing five different countries (Czech Republic, Spain, France, Italy and Malta).
2) Miss Diamond of the World 2017 from 12-22 October in Montenegro where the reigning winner is Christine Joy Picardal of the Philippines.
3) Queen & Beauty Universe 2017 from 16-26 November in Valencia, Spain
4) Face of Beauty International 2017 happening next month in New Delhi, India with the finals scheduled for September 23.
5) Miss Tourism Queen International 2017 in China in the 4th Quarter of the year.
Watch out for more updates about the latest addition to our steadily-growing number of national beauty pageants.
Miss Philippines 2017.