During yesterday afternoon’s episode of Pageantry Norms, Miss World Philippines Organization General Manager Arnold Mercado revealed a few juicy details about the pageant’s upcoming edition for 2021. And it only goes to show that the group is showing a more aggressive stance this year:
1) The live screening of Official Candidates will happen soon – either the last week of January or first week of February, give or take a few days or so after;
2) The organization has already penciled two (2) potential finals date – May 30 or June 6 – with the venue being a toss-up between Araneta Coliseum or Mall of Asia Arena;
3) From the originally-announced seven (7) titles at stake, an eighth will be added. This new international franchise will be announced within this month or next. Hence, the new set of winners to be photographed during the coronation will have eight titleholders and two runners-up all in one row. Ten in total.
4) Miss Philippines Tourism 2019 Glyssa Perez is likely to represent the country in the still-unannounced 8th franchise, owing to the fact that the dates of international competition might be scheduled before the 2021 national edition;
5) As much as possible, the finals will be a live production with 50% of the venue’s seating capacity to be filled up in compliance with health and safety protocols, and if updated government regulations will allow that to happen by late May or early June;
6) Two of the still-reigning titleholders – Kelley Day and Isabelle de Leon – are confirmed to have their international competitions happening months from now. Miss Eco International will take place in Egypt from March 18 to April 6, while Miss Multinational will be hosted in New Delhi from June 17-27. Fingers crossed that these two will stay put with the new dates;
7) Mr World Philippines will be conducted a la reality TV event on a weekly episode basis with potential candidates gunning for the titles and avoiding elimination during the process, up until the best of the best are selected to represent the country in Mr World, Mr Supranational and more.
I am also pleased to share that the organization (through Arnold Mercado) has invited your blogger – during the live broadcast yesterday – to be part of the screening committee for both Miss and Mr World Philippines.