It is important that participants are living in or have been working in Manila for the past two years
The City Government of Manila, together with Viva Live Inc. and MARE Foundation, have just announced the search for the first-ever Miss Gay Manila 2015
– a pageant that seeks to promote equality among all genders.
The Grand Coronation Night will be held on May 20, 2015 at the Philippine International Convention Center (PICC). Cash prizes await the Top 3 winners – PhP500,000.00 for Miss Gay Manila 2015, PhP200,000.00 for the 1st Runner-Up and PhP100,000.00 for the 2nd Runner-Up.
Please take note of the qualifications below:
1. Applicant must be a naturally born male;
2. Applicant must be a citizen of the Philippines at the time of application;
3. Applicant must turn at least eighteen (18) years old at any time during the reign of Miss Gay Manila 2015 as defined in Clause I (5), and no more than thirty (30) years old on the date of application;
4. Applicant must be at least 5 feet 3 inches tall;
5. Applicant must be a high school graduate, and must have enrolled or is currently enrolled in a college or university;
6. Applicant must be of good moral character and must have not been convicted of any crime, or currently facing prosecution for violation of any law. Applicant must not have at any time engaged in prostitution or any act similar or related thereto;
7. Applicant must be talented, and have a pleasing personality and engaging charm;
8. Applicant must be able to exhibit good knowledge of the history and culture of the City of Manila; and
9. Applicant must meet any one of the following criterion: a. Born in the City of Manila. For this purpose, applicant must submit applicant’s NSO-issued birth certificate; b. Resident of the City of Manila. For this purpose, applicant must submit a certification from the barangay where applicant resides; c. Either parent must have been born in the City of Manila. For this purpose, applicant must submit the NSO-issued birth certificate/s of applicant’s parent/s; d. Either parent must be residing in the City of Manila. For this purpose, applicant must submit a certification from the barangay where applicant’s parent/s reside; e. Student of a university/college in the City of Manila for at least two (2) years. For this reason, applicant must submit a copy of applicant’s transcript and/or diploma from said university/college; f. Any relative within the third degree of consanguinity must be residing in the City of Manila. For this purpose, applicant must submit a certification from the barangay where applicant’s relative/s reside; or g. Working in the City of Manila for the past two (2) years. For this purpose, applicant must submit a certificate of employment.
Requirements and application form should be submitted to the Manila City Hall, Mondays to Fridays from 9am to 4pm. Alternatively, you can forward the same to the office of Viva Communications, Inc. at the 7th Floor East Tower, Philippine Stock Exchange Center, Exchange Road, Ortigas Center, Pasig City. Deadline of submission: April 15, 2015.