“As you think, so shall you become.”
“If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.” – Bruce Lee
Kung-Fu (or martial arts for that matter) is not limited to the sharp moves of defense and all. It is a discipline which needs to be fully internalized and put into good use in whatever endeavor one is going through.
And Julia Saubier of #DaragaAlbay is right on the chop (or the kick) in her Bb. Pilipinas 2019 journey.
Photography| Mark Ryan Alvarez
Creative Direction| Jim Ryan Ros
Gown| Renee Salud
Styling| Aura Nicole de Jesus and Daph Aranilla
Makeup Jim Ryan Ros
Hair| Red Echavia assisted by Aurel De Silva
Accessories| Christopher E Munar
#JuliaSaubier #bbpilipinas2019 #beyondbeauty
Get to know your #Binibini20 Julia Saubier through her world travels.
If this towering (there’s a reason why she got assigned one of two numbers right smack in the middle of the pack) KungFu-trained halfie could visit every country in a map on her motorbike, she would. But that’s what trains, planes and automobiles are for.
Prior to settling in the country for good, Julia was like your typical citizen of the world. She finished a degree in Social Research and Media Policy #MagnaCumLaude at the New York University Abu Dhabi that allowed her to do coursework in Budapest, Hamburg, Istanbul, Jerusalem, Kathmandu, Sarajevo, London, Milan, New York, Washington DC, Paris and Buenos Aires. If that’s not enough, Masteral studies at Peking University gave her the opportunity to learn Mandarin when she immersed herself in places like Guangzhou, Nantong, Shanghai, Tianjin, Xi’an and Macau.
It might interest you to know as well that she was an integral part in the production of a film – “Remnants of the Hive” – that had its European premiere during the 70th Cannes Film Festival.
But enough of the glowing credentials. Julia is now in the new phase of her life – a pageant journey that will require more than outstanding academic records and rich cross-cultural experiences to see her through.
She is not about to rest on past laurels. She is set to prove herself worthy of winning a good crown in Bb. Pilipinas 2019.
#JuliaSaubier #JuliaForU #BbPilipinas2019
Binibini Watch List 2019:
Ten things you need to know about this 24 year-old Filipina-French beauty:
1. She is a trained martial artist, specifically in Shaolin Kung Fu;
2. She speaks fluent English, with conversational facility in French, Mandarin, Hungarian, Spanish and Filipino;
3. She finished a Bachelor of Arts degree in Social Research and Public Policy (with minors in Film and New Media Production) Magna cum Laude from New York University Abu Dhabi and on full scholarship;
4. She is currently completing her Masters in China Studies (with concentration on Economics and Management) at Peking University;
5. She has interned with Becky Anderson for CNN International;
6. She has interned with Hollywood Director Wes Anderson;
7. She has interned with the BAFTA (British Academy of Film and Television Arts);
8. She was very athletic in the varsity level of soccer, track-and-field, basketball and softball;
9. She stands 5’11”;
10. And she has a very long name: Julia Eugénie Augustias Calleja Saubier
She got no. 29 after filing her application for Bb. Pilipinas 2019 yesterday.