Winners of Gentlemen of Hannah’s 2017
It was almost like an historic event for the Crown Jewel of the North and the country’s Premiere Pageant Destination to host the Preliminary Competition of an all-male competition. And Hannah’s Beach Resort and Convention Center in Pagudpud, Ilocos Norte made it all happen. As Proprietor Col. Ricardo Nolasco Jr. (RET-AFP) puts it, the support is meant to put forth their thrust for gender equality. After opening their venue to Miss Philippines Earth, Miss World Philippines, Mutya ng Pilipinas and NAITAS Face of Tourism, it was high time to welcome Gentlemen of the Philippines.
And what a wonderful hosting it was. The days were not enough to cover everything about the scenic resort, but the activities were maxed to fully appreciate all the amenities that Hannah’s has to offer. Outside the Preliminary Competition itself at the Convention Center, pictorials and OBB shoots came one after the other – from the large venue to its surrounding attractions like Timantang Rock, Hannah’s Zip line, Patapat Viaduct, Maira-ira Firing Range and the inviting waters of the beach where the fitness camp was conducted.
At the end of the Preliminaries, the winners of the special main event – Gentlemen of Hannah’s – were announced with Paul Guarnes of Iloilo finishing on top followed by Kevin Hernandez of North Italy and Ian Anthony Tan of Lucena City.
Here are more photos from the stay at Hannah’s.
The Gentlemen are now back in Manila for a string of Sponsor Visits and TV/radio guestings before the Talent Competition on Thursday at the newly-opened SM Cherry Antipolo mall. Then it will be closed panel interviews and rehearsals for the Finals Night schedules this coming Saturday at the Grand Ballroom of Hotel Rembrandt in Quezon City.
This coming Thursday afternoon will be the Press Presentation of the Official Candidates of Gentlemen of the Philippines 2017 courtesy of Co-Presentor Belmeré Skin Care Centre. Now on its 2nd year, the national male pageant promises to be a bigger and bolder event with the Preliminaries scheduled to take place in the Crown Jewel of the North – Hannah’s Beach Resort and Convention Center – which also happens to be the Official Presentor, from September 1-3. This is where competitions in Ethnic Costume, Swimwear and Formal Wear will take place, as well as the Sports Fast-Track to be conducted by Bond’s Optimal Fitness.
Back in Manila, the Talent Fast-Track will be held – along with the ongoing Social Media and Charity equivalents – before the Dinner-Finals Night scheduled on September 9 at the Grand Ballroom of Hotel Rembrandt in QC.
The thirty-one contenders embody the vision of Gentlemen Charities Inc (GCI) to look for young men with “more than good looks” – individuals who can dig deep beyond pure muscles and express their inner strength and advocacies along with back stories that show character and uniqueness.
The Official Candidates of Gentlemen of the Philippines 2017 are:
1. John David Berganio (Wales)
2. Melvin Lat (Lipa City, Batangas)
3. Al Reggie Dimalanas (Maguindanao)
4. Dan-Riel Cabigan (Carmona)
5. Gerard Bonanza (Legazpi City)
6. Mark Anthony Sy (Tarlac City)
7. Kristian Sarmiento (Lucban, Quezon)
8. Miguel De Castro (Laguna)
9. Wilfred Carlo Aquino (Leyte)
10. Ian Anthony Tan (Lucena City)
11. Christian Pot Castillo (Floridablanca, Pampanga)
12. John Alfred Bendana (England)
13. Juvienz Von Kaisser Maravilla (Olongapo City)
14. Manny Quintos (Tarlac Province)
15. Jay Jay Olano (South Italy)
16. Jush Rosales (Mulanay, Quezon)
17. Gerald Montero (Sta. Maria, Ilocos Sur)
18. Kevin Hernandez (North Italy)
19. Mark David Porcel (Mabalacat City, Pampanga)
20. Jose Gabriel Aquino (Bulacan)
21. Michael Gomez (North Cotabato)
22. Paul Guarnes (Iloilo)
23. Jamil Permigones (Alabat, Quezon)
24. Prince Argel Saycon (Bais City, Negros Oriental)
25. Aaron Sangcap (Concepcion, Tarlac)
26. Gandalf Ray Lao (Tawi-Tawi)
27. Vincent John Musni (Capas, Tarlac)
28. Donelle Karlo ‘DK’ Babiera (Dumaguete City)
29. Jethro Percival Peralta (San Clemente, Tarlac)
30. Rafael Jamir (Cavite City)
31. Keny Ong (Ilocos Sur)
Reigning top winner Andrea Biondo, who is also Mister Southeast Asia International, will be there to see who has what it takes to succeed him as Mister Universal Ambassador Philippines.
Watch out for normannorman.com’s coverage of the Press Presentation!
Truly. More than good looks.