Earlier at the launch of Ali X – the cool, hip and newest wing of Ali Mall at The Araneta Center, the 40 Binibinis of Bb. Pilipinas 2019 made their first public appearance. The ladies really enjoyed the Art+LifestyleXInterest vibe of the place.
Below are some of the photos taken during the event.
Get to know your #Binibini20 Julia Saubier through her world travels.
If this towering (there’s a reason why she got assigned one of two numbers right smack in the middle of the pack) KungFu-trained halfie could visit every country in a map on her motorbike, she would. But that’s what trains, planes and automobiles are for.
Prior to settling in the country for good, Julia was like your typical citizen of the world. She finished a degree in Social Research and Media Policy #MagnaCumLaude at the New York University Abu Dhabi that allowed her to do coursework in Budapest, Hamburg, Istanbul, Jerusalem, Kathmandu, Sarajevo, London, Milan, New York, Washington DC, Paris and Buenos Aires. If that’s not enough, Masteral studies at Peking University gave her the opportunity to learn Mandarin when she immersed herself in places like Guangzhou, Nantong, Shanghai, Tianjin, Xi’an and Macau.
It might interest you to know as well that she was an integral part in the production of a film – “Remnants of the Hive” – that had its European premiere during the 70th Cannes Film Festival.
But enough of the glowing credentials. Julia is now in the new phase of her life – a pageant journey that will require more than outstanding academic records and rich cross-cultural experiences to see her through.
She is not about to rest on past laurels. She is set to prove herself worthy of winning a good crown in Bb. Pilipinas 2019.
#JuliaSaubier #JuliaForU #BbPilipinas2019
“Crème de la crème” means the ‘best of the best’ and “Premier Classement” means ‘first classification’. In the just started Bb. Pilipinas 2019, it would be extremely difficult to make early pronouncements as to who will win the six titles at stake.
So for now, I give to you the twelve (12) #Binibinis who made strong initial impacts on me. I took the liberty of not ranking them according to my preferences just yet. Instead, I am listing the names down according to their respective numbers in the competition:
Binibini 13 Aya Abesamis
Binibini 14 Leren Mae M. Bautista
Binibini 16 Denise Omorog
Binibini 17 Patch Magtanong
Binibini 18 Hannah Arnold
Binibini 19 Ilene de Vera
Binibini 20 Julia Saubier
Binibini 22 April May Short
Binibini 26 Emma Tiglao
Binibini 27 Samantha Mae Bernardo
Binibini 33 Jessarie Dumaguing
Binibini 38 Vickie Marie Rushton
My next post about the subject should be uploaded after a string of personal appearances from the ladies (including the Press Presentation perhaps) where the basis for putting one ahead of the others should be relatively more definitive.
First official photos of the forty new #Binibinis right after their selection for Bb. Pilipinas 2019
Official numbers to follow.
Binibini Watch List 2019:
Ten things you need to know about this 24 year-old Filipina-French beauty:
1. She is a trained martial artist, specifically in Shaolin Kung Fu;
2. She speaks fluent English, with conversational facility in French, Mandarin, Hungarian, Spanish and Filipino;
3. She finished a Bachelor of Arts degree in Social Research and Public Policy (with minors in Film and New Media Production) Magna cum Laude from New York University Abu Dhabi and on full scholarship;
4. She is currently completing her Masters in China Studies (with concentration on Economics and Management) at Peking University;
5. She has interned with Becky Anderson for CNN International;
6. She has interned with Hollywood Director Wes Anderson;
7. She has interned with the BAFTA (British Academy of Film and Television Arts);
8. She was very athletic in the varsity level of soccer, track-and-field, basketball and softball;
9. She stands 5’11”;
10. And she has a very long name: Julia Eugénie Augustias Calleja Saubier
She got no. 29 after filing her application for Bb. Pilipinas 2019 yesterday.