John Jeffrey Janjep Carlos is the man of the hour who will travel to Cape Town, South Africa to represent the Philippines in Mr Gay World 2019 from April 28-May 4. He was given a fitting sendoff by his National Director, Wilbert Tolentino.
Janjep is a successful businessman and realtor who also happens to be a great dancer. A former volleyball athlete and varsity player of the Cavite State University, he loves spending most of his free time at the gym and workout with his friends.
Joining the national search is something that Janjep decided on a snap. In fact, he joined twice before finally bagging the title of Mr. Fahrenheit 2019 which automatically made him Mr. Gay World Philippines 2019. “That’s how motivated I am to get this title.” he added.
This hunky 41 year old Caviteño will have “Mental Health Awareness” as his main advocacy for the international competition. He even came up with his own hashtag for his campaign – #IllnessToWellness.
“I think it’s very timely and relevant. We’ve heard so much about mental health issues and it’s getting worse. In my own little way, I want to spread awareness about depression so people will know what to do in case they feel some of the symptoms of this psychiatric illness is affecting us and our loved ones.”
His final message to the Filipinos?
“My vision is not just to live but to exist. I promise that I will give my best so that I can represent my country well and they can be proud of me. Thank you guys for following my journey. I’ll be needing your much love and support in the upcoming Mr Gay World 2019.”
Let us all support Janjep by liking and sharing his video:
And what is part of his game plan to win the title in Cape Town?
This is when we start showing our support for Mr. Gay World Philippines 2019 Janjep Carlos in his journey to the Mr Gay World 2019 title.
Please click & watch, then like, share and share your comments to the video below.
Let us all join forces in supporting our bet!
#JanjepCarlos #MrGayWorldPhilippines2019 #MrGayWorld2019
Congratulations are in order for John Jeffrey “Janjep” Carlos of Cavite for winning Mr. Fahrenheit 2019 and Mr Gay World Philippines 2019. He will represent the country in Mr Gay World 2019 to be held in Cape Town, South Africa from April 28-May 5, 2019.
His two runners-up of equal importance are Kevin Garcia of Cebu and Macky David Belen of Rizal Province.
Kudos as well to Organizer and National Director Wilbert Tolentino for another successful search. Thank you for having me as one of the judges.
courtesy of Pageant TV
First off, below is a video of my Top 5 Predictions:
Now here are the Top 15 on my list in photos:
Truthfully, I have assessed the Official Candidates over and over again for the past two weeks (moreso when I sat on the panel of Pre-Pageant judges last September 18) and I could really see the competition among the 34 remaining gay men being dominated by five of them:
1) John Raspado of Baguio City – the tall and very good-looking Igorot who has the Mr. Gay World profile all over his features and qualifications. He can also speak his mind well, and needs to just steady his nerves during crunch time. The title is his to lose, in my opinion. If he fumbles in the most important part of the competition, the next likeliest winner would be…
2) Janjep Carlos of Cavite – the adorable chinito who never hides the fact that he went under the knife to achieve the look he now proudly displays to all and sundry. This guy can be a real scene stealer once you give him the chance to express his innermost self. He can have a way with words, and in a brief and concise manner at that. He is definitely the biggest opponent of the #1 on my list, but would not yet discount the plan of attack being readied by…
3) Bench Ortiz of Pangasinan – cleary the most familiar face in the competition, owing to his widespread popularity among fans and followers of KF Beauty Queens and the camp’s pageant contenders as a Fitness Coach. He definitely exudes a tempered flamboyance that will never go unnoticed. And I have always seen him as the Best in Swimwear among all comers. But how far will he go considering that there could be a silent killer in…
4) Khalil Vera Cruz of Zamboanga del Sur – this corporate yuppie who earned his latest business acumen from the Asian Institute of Management blends his very Pinoy facial charm with a generous dash of wit and a very articulate self. And boy, he is the most dashing when it comes to suits, tux and smart casual wear. Did I also mention that he is an active voice for HIV/AIDS Awareness #LoveYourSelf? But wait, there could be one more spoiler in the ranks and he is…
5) Leo Andrew Ponce of Batangas – the former business trader turned professional hair and make-up artist can also be a force to reckon with. He may not have the look that grabs you outright. But he definitely overflows in character. His appeal grows on you and stays firmly rooted. He is a vocal LGBTQi advocate who will will always fight for equality and give a whiplash to gay men who discriminate their fellow gay men.
These five are my strongest bets for the title, and I bet one of them will be our representative in Mr. Gay World 2017.
As for the remaining ten on my list, I would pick two (2) special competitors who may also pull a hat trick and surprise everyone come October 2. Sycris Brown of General Santos City and Ron Ramos of Palawan could be real spoilers if the breaks come their way. We’ll just have to wait and see if any cookie will crumble and give way to their entry to the big spotlight.
So for now, my top pick for Mr. Gay World Philippines is John Fernandez Raspado of Baguio City. He’d better deliver because I have a lot of faith in him. He is definitely in it to win it.
Allow me now to give a huge thanks to the Head and Founder of Mr. Gay World Philippines Organization Wilbert Tolentino who has transformed the usually non-mainstream search to the national level with his brave and daring. He has the maverick personality that will pull out all the stops to make this competition a big success. Kudos as well to his senior team made up of Raoul Barbosa, Ryan Soto, Rodgil Flores and others for providing solid support from beginning to end.
To the successor of Christian Lacsamana, may you inspire even more.
See you at the UP Theater this Sunday. It’s going to be one hell of a show that could approximate Miss Universe proportions. 🙂
Earlier in the afternoon today, the Press Presentation of the Official Candidates of Mr. Gay World Philippines was held at Club One 690 in Quezon City where they tried to impress the members of the media with their respective special qualities and intelligence. Host Kristine Caballero Aplal navigated the whole proceedings with much liveliness and allowed the contenders the chance to shine in the spotlight.
In the end, John Raspado of Baguio City emerged as the Darling of the Press and installed himself as a top favorite for the title, along with 2nd Runners-Up (tie) Bench Ortiz of Pangasinan and Janjep Carlos of Cavite. 1st Runner-Up was PO1 Jessie Quitevis of Taguig City who is considered well-liked by most after he explained how it was initially difficult to be a gay man working in the police force but has slowly erased the stigma associated with his sexuality through months of establishing his worth and commitment in the said profession.
There were a few candidates who missed the event due to unavoidable work-related and travel reasons. But from among those who presented themselves, my early short-list includes the following for now:
1) John Raspado of Baguio City
2) Janjep Carlos of Cavite
3) Bench Ortiz of Pangasinan
4) Leo Ponce of Batangas
5) Jesse Regin Nacilla of Cebu
6) Jessie Quitevis of Taguig City
7) Godofredo Dela Cruz Jr of Valenzuela City
8) Peter Leary Brown of General Santos City
9) Ron Ramos of Palawan
10) Omar Naga of Lanao del Sur
My early selection is still tentative as I will need to see them complete – all in action – during this coming Saturday’s Pre-Pageant Night at the Trinity University of Asia Theater.
I am pretty sure a lot of them will turn on the heat even more by then. 😉
Congratulations to the Mr Gay World Philippines Organization headed by Wilbert Tolentino for a job well done with today’s event!