courtesy of Mabuhay Beauties
During the original announcement of the Bb. Pilipinas 2011 Official Candidates (Photo credit: Melvin Sia for OPMB Worldwide)
This is the Bb. Pilipinas batch that had the most number of memorable joiners and original qualifiers. I stress on the word ‘original’ because there was a couple of disqualifications/withdrawals along the way that spoiled the forty (40) Official Candidates like Grendel Alvarado and Roxanne Cabañero. At any rate, consider these names who went on to greater heights (or otherwise
) after the edition was over. Outside the titleholders Shamcey Supsup, Dianne Necio and Isabella Manjon, there are:
1) Janine Tugonon who went on to win Miss Universe Philippines the following year and claimed 1st Runner-Up honors in Miss Universe 2012 held in Las Vegas.
2) MJ Lastimosa who went on to win Miss Universe Philippines three years later and will now represent us in the 63rd Miss Universe Pageant in Doral Miami.
3) Queenie Rehman who went on to join and win Miss World Philippines 2012 and placed in the Top 15 of Miss World 2012 in Ordos.
4) Zephora Mayon who already won Mutya ng Pilipinas 2007 but abdicated her title, and took a risk by resurfacing in this batch with less success.
5) Glennifer Perido who went on to join and win Mutya ng Pilipinas Tourism International 2014 and is now in Kuala Lumpur representing us in Miss Tourism International 2014/15.
6) Patricia Tumulak who never won Bb. Pilipinas despite being a heavy crowd favorite, and is now looking at taking part in Miss Multiverse 2015 scheduled in the Dominican Republic a few months from now.
7) Suzette Hernandez who, after failures in nailing a Bb. Pilipinas title, joined Mutya ng Pilipinas, got Runner-Up placement, migrated to Canada and became that country’s rep to Miss Supranational 2013 won by Mutya Datul.
8) Samantha Purvor who found her calling in Miss Philippines Earth where she captured one of the national elements last 2012.
9) Chloe McCully who took part in Miss World Philippines 2011 afterwards and became 2nd Princess to Gwen Ruais.
10) Bernadette Aguirre and Monique Manuel who had somewhat similar destinies when they joined separate editions of Miss Philippines Earth and won the same title of Miss Eco-Tourism.
11) Angelia Ong who found relative success as 2nd Runner-Up in Miss Manila 2014 won by KC Halili.
12) Tina Marasigan who gave up on pageantry and focused on TV hosting and Courtside reporting where she is doing fairly well up to now.
13) Sabrinne Al-Tawil and Luzelle Felipe, two beautiful candidates who never re-joined and embarked on different career paths where they got assurances of better income.
14) Wendy Lucas who became our rep in a smaller international beauty pageant (Miss Tourism Intercontinental 2010
) before joining this edition.
15) Krystle Ann Grant who was Miss Philippines Air 2007 but joined in 2011 as Krystle Ann Dizon. Her tracks were stopped at this point and she was set back from a previous success.
16) Bianca Paz who was never a winner here, but made the rounds of different national competitions, got runner-up wins in two batches of Miss World Philippines and another runner-up spot in the last Miss Philippines Earth.
17) And of course, who can forget Diana Arevalo who has less than fortunate participations in three (3) Bb. Pilipinas competitions (including this one
Care to add more memorable insights on the remaining ladies in this group?😉