A love-filled baby shower for mother-to-be Shamcey Supsup Lee
As I have blogged before, Miss Universe Philippines 2011 and Miss Universe 2011 3rd Runner-Up Shamcey Supsup-Lee will become a mother soon. And because of the very nearing date of delivery, a love-filled baby shower was thrown on her behalf. Loving husband Lloyd was always around to support his heavily-pregnant wife. Her mentors from Aces & Queens led by Jonas Gaffud, Arnold Mercado and Bessie Besana were around. And of course, her fellow pageant queens also graced the affair, led by Miss Universe 2010 4th Runner-Up Venus Raj, Miss Universe Philippines 2014 MJ Lastimosa, Miss Earth 2015 Angelia Ong, Bb. Pilipinas Supranational 2014 Yvethe Santiago, Bb. Pilipinas Tourism 2011 Isabella Manjon and Bb. Pilipinas International 2011 Dianne Necio.
Watch out for the arrival of Baby Nyke! 🙂
A quote for dear Shamcey:
“Pregnancy seems designed to prepare you for life as a mother. You start making sacrifices nine months before the child is born, so by the time they put in an appearance you are used to giving things up for them.”
― Brett Kiellerop
During the original announcement of the Bb. Pilipinas 2011 Official Candidates (Photo credit: Melvin Sia for OPMB Worldwide)
This is the Bb. Pilipinas batch that had the most number of memorable joiners and original qualifiers. I stress on the word ‘original’ because there was a couple of disqualifications/withdrawals along the way that spoiled the forty (40) Official Candidates like Grendel Alvarado and Roxanne Cabañero. At any rate, consider these names who went on to greater heights (or otherwise) after the edition was over. Outside the titleholders Shamcey Supsup, Dianne Necio and Isabella Manjon, there are:
1) Janine Tugonon who went on to win Miss Universe Philippines the following year and claimed 1st Runner-Up honors in Miss Universe 2012 held in Las Vegas.
2) MJ Lastimosa who went on to win Miss Universe Philippines three years later and will now represent us in the 63rd Miss Universe Pageant in Doral Miami.
3) Queenie Rehman who went on to join and win Miss World Philippines 2012 and placed in the Top 15 of Miss World 2012 in Ordos.
4) Zephora Mayon who already won Mutya ng Pilipinas 2007 but abdicated her title, and took a risk by resurfacing in this batch with less success.
5) Glennifer Perido who went on to join and win Mutya ng Pilipinas Tourism International 2014 and is now in Kuala Lumpur representing us in Miss Tourism International 2014/15.
6) Patricia Tumulak who never won Bb. Pilipinas despite being a heavy crowd favorite, and is now looking at taking part in Miss Multiverse 2015 scheduled in the Dominican Republic a few months from now.
7) Suzette Hernandez who, after failures in nailing a Bb. Pilipinas title, joined Mutya ng Pilipinas, got Runner-Up placement, migrated to Canada and became that country’s rep to Miss Supranational 2013 won by Mutya Datul.
8) Samantha Purvor who found her calling in Miss Philippines Earth where she captured one of the national elements last 2012.
9) Chloe McCully who took part in Miss World Philippines 2011 afterwards and became 2nd Princess to Gwen Ruais.
10) Bernadette Aguirre and Monique Manuel who had somewhat similar destinies when they joined separate editions of Miss Philippines Earth and won the same title of Miss Eco-Tourism.
11) Angelia Ong who found relative success as 2nd Runner-Up in Miss Manila 2014 won by KC Halili.
12) Tina Marasigan who gave up on pageantry and focused on TV hosting and Courtside reporting where she is doing fairly well up to now.
13) Sabrinne Al-Tawil and Luzelle Felipe, two beautiful candidates who never re-joined and embarked on different career paths where they got assurances of better income.
14) Wendy Lucas who became our rep in a smaller international beauty pageant (Miss Tourism Intercontinental 2010) before joining this edition.
15) Krystle Ann Grant who was Miss Philippines Air 2007 but joined in 2011 as Krystle Ann Dizon. Her tracks were stopped at this point and she was set back from a previous success.
16) Bianca Paz who was never a winner here, but made the rounds of different national competitions, got runner-up wins in two batches of Miss World Philippines and another runner-up spot in the last Miss Philippines Earth.
17) And of course, who can forget Diana Arevalo who has less than fortunate participations in three (3) Bb. Pilipinas competitions (including this one).
Care to add more memorable insights on the remaining ladies in this group? 😉
Miss World 2013 Megan Young waving to the crowds at the NBA game held at the SM MOA. Do you recognize the lady in red sitting behind her?
She came in minutes late for the ceremonial toss, but Miss World 2013 Megan Young still managed to catch the attention of everyone – away from the popular NBA players inside the MOA Arena. And Julia Morley must be immensely enjoying the spotlight as well. She goes wherever our Queen goes.
Anyways, do you recognize the lady in red sitting behind Megan in the photo above? I saw a different angle (just couldn’t locate the shot anymore) of the same and I could swear that she looks like BPT2011 Isabella Manjon. 😉
Lloyd Lee and Shamcey Supsup (standing 2nd and 3rd from left) during their Engagement Party at Edsa Shangrila with the people behind Aces & Queens (Photo credit: Gerry Diaz)
During the engagement party of sweet good-looking couple Lloyd Lee and Miss Universe 2011 3rd Runner-Up Shamcey Supsup held earlier at EDSA Shangrila, everyone who mattered to them attended and joined in affirming their soon-to-be formalized matrimonial union. All the important people from Aces & Queens were present, including past and present beauty queens like Venus Raj, Janine Tugonon, Ara Arida, Isabella Manjon, Jennifer Barrientos and Queenie Rehman. Also in attendance were Bb. Pilipinas runners-up Pia Wurtzbach and MJ Lastimosa. And before I forget, even Valerie Lim (Miss Singapore 2011) – one of Shamcey’s closest friends during MU2011 – was there.
Together in one frame, our Miss Universe Philippines titleholders from 2010 to 2013 (Photo credit: Arnold Mercado)
It was also the perfect opportunity for A&Q’s Arnold Mercado to gather their Miss Universe Philippines titleholders from 2010 to 2013 in one picture to capture the most successful group of winners the beauty camp has produced so far. Of course, including Ara Arida in the quartet could be a way of rubbing in the good fortunes of her three predecessors.
Back to the couple in the spotlight now, I can only offer the best felicitations for Lloyd and Shamcey. I certainly wish them a dream-like and happiness-filled wedding soon plus a blissful/bountiful marriage that will hopefully be filled with a thousand ‘happily-ever-afters’! 🙂
Your blogger took all the photo ops he could with the beautiful ladies that night with the help of OPMB's Noli Berioso.
Your blogger (extreme left) with (l-r) OPMB Worldwide's Noli Berioso, host John Morante, Sash Factor's Brix Vera and Pao.
Clowning around for the camera (Photo credit: Pao)
If only Janine showed up, this photo would’ve been complete with (L-R) Shamcey Supsup, Ara Arida and Venus Raj in attendance. (Photo credit: Pao)
More beauties: (L-R) Dianne Necio, Venus Raj, Czarina Gatbonton & Mary Ann Misa (Photo credit: Pao)
It was a beautiful dinner alright.
Hosted by pageant supporter John Morante and held in honor of A&Q’s Ara and Pia (lovingly called “The Paandar Girls), the Spanish food buffet (at Metrowalk’s Taberna Tapas y Vino) was sumptuous. The drinks overflowed. And the lovely ladies lent their presence to make the night extra special. There’s Miss Universe Philippines 2013 Ara Arida, Bb. Pilipinas-Universe 2011 Shamcey Supsup, Bb. Pilipinas-Universe 2010 Venus Raj, Bb. Pilipinas 2013 1st Runner-Up Pia Wurtzbach, Bb. Pilipinas-International 2011 Dianne Necio, Bb. Pilipinas-World 2010 Czarina Gatbonton, Miss Supranational Philippines 2012 Elaine Kay Moll, Miss World Philippines 2012 First Princess Mary Ann Ross Misa, Bb. Pilipinas 2011 2nd Runner-Up Mary Jean Lastimosa and Bb. Pilipinas-Tourism 2011 Isabella Manjon. To top it off, Aces & Queens head honcho Jonas Gaffud, together with Arnold Mercado, John Cuay and Mark Besana joined the happy get-together as well.
Here are a few tidbits about some of the girls:
– Up close and personal, Ara Arida is 5x more beautiful than in pictures that we see. Her aura is a mix of sweet, sultry and down-to-earth. Without cameras or videocams tailing around, she moves and speaks in a visibly relaxed state. And oh, she loves her food spicy!
– Pia Wurtzbach is a delight to have dinner with, no pretensions whatsoever. Her face is beautifully hypnotic, just as her stance and sexy body can drive any onlooker crazy.
– I can’t get over the fact that Elaine Moll could no longer compete in a future Bb. Pilipinas because of her Miss Supranational Philippines title which wasn’t even awarded during the 2012 finals night. The girl’s height is enviable and her beauty simple but alluring. She was seated very close and never fails to flash her winsome smile everytime we engage in small talk.
– Mary Ann Ross Misa, to my pleasant surprise, has tentative plans of re-joining Miss World Philippines 2013. And I couldn’t help but give my thumbs up on the spot. She remains ravishing and unquestionably warm. She offered a hug the moment she realized that I am the blogger who featured her more than twice in the past.
– Shamcey Supsup was with boyfriend Lloyd Lee, and it’s very evident that the two lovebirds are very much into each other. Both gamely played along with the banters all throughout the night.
– And Venus Raj? This woman is a lovable character without a doubt. She makes anyone feel at ease in an instant. And I love it that she has noble plans for the future, like putting up a foundation for the education of poor children. Do I smell a political career in a few years’ time?
I wish I could’ve stayed much longer, but early Monday work still beckoned.
At any rate, my heartfelt thanks to Mama John Morante for inviting me to this exclusive affair. 😉
Three of the Kagandahang Flores bets (L-R): Bea Santiago, Parul Shah and Charmaine Elima. (Photo credit: OPMB Worldwide)
A little more up close this time (L-R) Bea, Parul and Charmaine. (Photo credit: OPMB Worldwide)
Kagandahang Flores (KF) is the other reputable beauty camp churning out ladies for Bb. Pilipinas. While good friends with Jonas Gaffud, KF Head Rodgil Flores has been in deep competition with A&Q for many years now. Just to name his more recent successes, there are Nicole Schmitz, Dianne Necio, Isabella Manjon and Bianca Manalo to carry the group’s colors. For 2013, five of their bets have already enlisted and I am featuring three of them. Might I also add that they are simply stunning!
Enter Bea Rose Santiago, Parul Shah and Charmaine Elima.
You will remember Bea Rose Santiago as Mutya ng Pilipinas-Overseas Communities 2011 who represented us in the Miss Tourism Queen International 2012 where she landed the Top 10. She stands 5’9″.
The other two appeared in earlier features here. Parul Shah is the Baguio Fil-Indian charmer who placed in Aliwan Festival 2009. She stands 5’9″.
And then there’s Charmaine Elima from Rizal. The dusky beauty is 5’7″.
So the question now is…who will the fountain bless? I’m quite certain that they will make it to the year’s fold. But is there a potential winner among them? I actually like all three, but I would put Parul and Charmaine over Bea for now. 😉
Ariella Arida: can she mix the right formula to make her presence felt in Binibini?
Profession-wise, our Bb. Pilipinas beauty queens have covered a lot. There’s an Architect (Shamcey Supsup), a Pharmacist (Janine Tugonon), Lawyers (Theresa Licaros and Zora Andam), a Registered Nurse (Isabella Manjon) and a Physical Therapist (Miriam Quiambao). How about a Chemist this time around? 23 year-old Ariella Arida is one. A B.S. Chemistry graduate of the University of the Philippines in Los Banos, she made sure that her degree is securely tuck under her belt first before venturing full-time into the world of tiaras and high heels. She initially joined Miss Philippines Earth earlier this year where she represented Alaminos, Laguna. But as is usual, crossing over to other national pageants is expected. And there’s a good possibility that she will also take her chances in Bb. Pilipinas 2013.
Let’s see if she has improved a lot from her MPE days in the weeks to come… 😉
February 7 marks the final open screening deadline for Bb. Pilipinas 2012. This is your last chance to take a stab at the opportunity of following the footsteps of Shamcey Supsup and Venus Raj who both made the country proud by placing in Miss Universe 2011 and 2010, respectively.
The Official Candidates will be announced two days later, on February 9, with the search culminating in the Grand Coronation Night scheduled on April 15 at the Smart Araneta Coliseum.
Madame Stella Marquez de Araneta (extreme left) with her 2011 Queens (L-R) BPI Dianne Necio, BPU Shamcey Supsup and BPT Isabella Manjon.
So if you think you have what it takes to be the country’s next representative to the Miss Universe, Miss International and Miss Tourism Queen International, make the beeline to the screening venue at Gateway Suites in Araneta Center until late afternoon this coming Tuesday.
Who knows, your late entry might just be what BPCI is waiting for! 😉
The Top 3 (L-R) Mariia Ovechkina of Belarus, 2nd Runner-Up; Kantapat Peeradachainarin of Thailand, Miss Tourism Queen International 2011; Jeanine Castro of Fernando de Noronha, 1st Runner-Up.
Crowned as Miss Tourism Queen International 2011 is Kantapat Peeradachainarin from Thailand, the country’s first-ever victory in the pageant. She bested 91 other delegates for the crown last held by Ekaterina Grushanina of Russia from 2009 up to the finals of the pageant tonight in Xi’an, China.
Coming in as members of her court of beauties are First Runner-Up Jeanine Castro representing Fernando de Noronha, Second Runner-Up Mariia Ovechkina of Belarus , Third Runner-Up Wang Lu of North China, and Fourth Runner-Up Nelly Almas from Tanzania.
The other ladies who made it to the Top 10 are the delegates from Portugal, Namibia, Bolivia, India and Canada. Miss Philippines Isabella Manjon failed to make the first cut, but was given a Special Award of Miss Charity.
Hi! Norman here. When I'm not working, I spend most of my free time planning on daily blogs. If you will notice, I always make sure that a fresh topic comes out everyday - not an easy thing to do but it's all good. Thanks for dropping by and enjoy the visit!
"By viewing this blog, the viewer acknowledges that s/he has read and agrees to the terms of this disclaimer and assumes total responsibility and risk for his/her use of this blog. The content of this blog is published as an information service only and is presented “as is.” Please recognize that the information is general in nature and does not constitute and is not intended to be viewed as expert, legal or professional advice.
It confers no warranties, rights or merchantibility and makes no representations as to its accuracy, completeness or validity. In addition, those opinions expressed by readers and third parties who have elected to post their comments and opinions are theirs alone and do not reflect the opinions of the author who is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by such readers and/or third parties.
The author of this blog is not liable for any errors, omissions, delays, losses, injuries or damages -- be it direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, punitive, or other -- arising from its display or use.
The author of this blog is also not responsible for the content of, accuracy of, or opinions expressed in third party sites to which this blog links. "