Misters 2015 Official Candidate John Nicholo Zacarias is proud of his work as fishmonger in the wet market (Final casting photos courtesy of Joy Arguil)
Nicholo during the Final Casting (Photo credit: Joy Arguil)
The images above – taken in one of the stalls at the Lipa Wet Market
– are for real and not just for show. John Nicholo Zacarias is a fishmonger, and proud of working as one. And as a Misters 2015 The Pageant Official Candidate, he can also add one more achievement to his bio. He is now a Registered Nurse who took his oath just two weeks back.
Nicholo was entered in the competition by GK Kings & Queens of Ghune Katigbak
And this guy is hoping in a way that the current lucky streak of his manager will rub off on his bid to do well in the male pageant. He, in turn, will give his absolute best in the same. The only thing to be finally decided is whether he will represent Jolo, Sulu (where he was born and raised) or Lipa City, Batangas (where he is now residing – with the possibility of getting significant support from the local officials in his candidacy).
Let us now check out Nicholo’s answers to our Q&A.
1) As a Misters of Pilipinas 2015 candidate, give me a 30-second intro about yourself which will make followers show more interest in you.
I’m John Nicholo Lim Zacarias, 22 years old, born and raised in Jolo, Sulu. I was once a fishmonger (vendor), delivery boy, merchandiser, collector, and seller of different kinds of goods like fruit juices in tetra packs and repacked noodles in the streets of Zamboanga City. I have experienced this work when I was a kid to get allowance and to have my fees in school paid. Thank God, all that hard work paid off because I am now a Registered Nurse.
Nicholo knows his fish. And very well.
2) As one of the candidates, what image do you want to show the others?
I am like an eagle that soars up in the sky and be loud and proud, and always lands on its feet on the ground displaying the true meaning of humility.
3) In Miss Universe, a popular running line is "yellow is the color of joy". What color best represents you?
I believe that color Blue best represents my personality because I am calm as the sky and sea; I have gained wisdom through my experiences in life, trustworthy and faithful, and can be an inspiration to others.
4) Not everyone can win a special award in the competition, but if you are qualified for the following, which would you prefer to win: Mister Friendship or Mister Talent?
If I will be qualifying for the special award, I believe that I can be Mister Talent as well as Mister Friendship because I am a talented person and one of my God-given talent is to be charismatic and make really good friends with other people.
5) If you win one of the titles, people will expect you to be a good role model. How will you start building that image if ever?
By continuing what I do with my life before I joined the pageant. I can be a good role model and motivate others to do good in their day to day living. I will also donate to NGO’s to help the sick children, mentally challenged people, and the elderly.
6. Having joined another national male pageant earlier this year, what difference do you expect in terms of handling Misters2015 competition? Will you adopt a new gameplan?
The experience that I gained last pageant fueled me a lot to improve myself. I have prepared really well for Misters2015. I have the same game plan, and that is to WIN!
7. How do you expect your life to change after being named an Official Candidate of Misters of Pilipinas 2015?
I expect that I will be meeting different people who have different perspectives in life and I know that I will be learning from them.
7) Any message to your followers, Nicholo?
Assalamualaikum ha mga taymanghud ku tausug! Nagsarang-sukul aku duun aku limaggu ha Lupa sug, Magsukul ha katan Tausug simusuporta kakuh!
Buenas Dias kun todo Chavacano! Gracias na diinyo suporta! Viva Zamboanga!
Ako ay nagpapasalamat sa suporta nyo mga Lipeño at batangueño! Mdiinyo suporta! Viva Zamboang! Mabuhay ang bayan ng ALA EH!
Thank you to all of my followers and supporters! I will do my very best para sa laban na ito! Sa pinapakita nyo palang na suporta, feeling ko panalo na ako. Thank you so much and may Godbless us all!
Nicholo (right) getting his Misters shirt from Neil Perez (Photo credit: Joy Arguil)
John Nicholo Zacarias is basically a simple guy with big dreams. It remains to be seen if he will realize his hopes and wishes soon. But for now, let’s see how he will present himself in Misters 2015 The Pageant. 🙂