The 30 Official Candidates of of Mutya ng Pilipinas 2017 with their new President Hemilyn Escudero-Tamayo (middle)
Mutya President Hemilyn Escudero-Tamayo with Miss Asia-Pacific International President Jacqueline Tan-Sainz
Earlier in the day, the 30 Official Candidates of Mutya ng Pilipinas 2017 (The 49th Edition
) were introduced to members of the media in a Press Presentation held at Hotel 101 Manila. The beautiful contenders elicited a lot of oohs and aahs from the guests as many of them stayed true to the quality of ladies associated with the pageant – young, fresh and beautiful. As newly-installed Mutya ng Pilipinas President Hemilyn Escudero-Tamayo intimated with your blogger, “I don’t mind if they look at our contest as stepping stone for bigger national pageants. The important thing is they started with us, and the really successful ones look back to Mutya as the competition where it all began.
Among the delegates this year, there are eight from overseas communities (Australia, Hawaii, Iceland, Japan, Melbourne, Singapore, UK, and US West Coast) who will vie for the special title dedicated to their category. Aside from that, there will be three crowns to be handed out this year: Mutya Asia Pacific International, Mutya Tourism International and Mutya Top Model of the World.
Reigning Mutya ng Pilipinas Asia Pacific International Ganiel Krishnan
Showing up as an early favorite in this batch is Ilene Astrid de Vera of Cebu who was voted Darling of the Press, along with runners-up Jannie Alipo-on and Colleen Chan. But aside from the gorgeous Cebuana, I have to cite Sofia Sibug of Albay, Cristelle Tolentino of Manila, Angela Carla Sandigan of Pateros, Abagail Grigsby of Melbourne, Suzanne Perez of US West Coast and Maxine Manalus of Central Luzon as worthy front-runners.
Your Mutya ng Pilipinas 2017 Candidates are:
1) Darlene May Reyes – Singapore
2) Chella Grace Falconer – Northern Mindanao
3) Cristelle Ann Tolentino – Manila
4) Kristine Eiriel Nolasco – Bulacan
5) Crystal Rosehelly Alday – Camarines Sur
6) Pamela Bianca Villacorte – Cavite
7) Jaila Eunice Ragindin – Bataan
8) Jesas Wada – Japan
9) Arianne Deseree Viardo – Pampanga
10) Sofia Marie Sibug – Albay
11) Shaina Micaella Bello – Caloocan City
12) Alyssa Joreen Reyes – Lemery, Batangas
13) Charlene Fontanilla – Valenzuela City
14) Hannah Khayle Iglesia – Isabela
15) Abagail Jane Grigsby – Melbourne
16) Nicole Kristel Losloso – Southern Luzon
17) Ilene Astrid de Vera – Cebu
18) Sandrianne Esquilona – Tarlac
19) Claire Yvonne Aznar – Davao
20) Savannah Mari Gankiewicz – Hawaii
21) Angela Carla Sandigan – Pateros
22) Maxine Xanti Manalus – Central Luzon
23) Louise Lian Enumerable – Negros Island Region
24) Stephanie Joy Pendon – Antipolo
25) Bertmari Bergmannsdottir – Iceland
26) Colleen Chan – Iloilo
27) Jannie Loudette Alipo-on – Navotas City
28) Suzanne Perez – California
29) Rica Sey – Australia
30) Nicole Marie Deguilmo – United Kingdom
Here are Joy Arguil photos from the event.
Darling of the Press Ilene Astrid de Vera (middle) flanked by Runners-Up Jannie Alipo-on (left) and Colleen Chan
Finals of Mutya ng Pilipinas 2017 will be held on August 4 at Resorts World Manila. The Swimsuit Competition will be hosted at Hannah’s Beach Resort and Convention Center in Pagudpud, Ilocos Norte from July 21-23, while the Long Gown Competition will unfold in Alta D’Tagaytay in Tagaytay City on July 27-29.
More updates on the competition soon!