You know you’ve got a big thing coming when the possible selections for the upcoming Bb. Pilipinas 2016 are getting more and more competitive as the deadline for submission of entries is starting to approach fast. While I’m not giving any absolute guarantees for the featured ladies (to date) that they will make that one crucial move to sign on the dotted line of the application form, I would still want the ones I’m really liking so far to stay committed till the screening and final selection take place at the Araneta Center.
This is not a Mythical 5 thing. Just a list of five (5) beauties who are – barring any kind of contractual hurdle in the way – starting to excite me among the first-time joiners (as opposed to rejoining or national cross-overs) we are likely to see compete in the country’s biggest beauty search.
1) Maria Gigante – the transformation is amazing for this Cebuana who was the first to actually go public with her intentions of joining. Among the five, that is.
2) Tatiana Maher – the mystery lady I blogged in the recent past. Her half-Filipina, half-Irish mix may lead some pageant fans to conclude that she looks too foreign. Wait till you see her in the flesh.
3) Cynthia Thomalla – the striking 21 year-old from Macrohon, Southern Leyte whose alluring face can really blossom into the rarest of roses if mentored and made up consistently well.
4) Franchesca Diaz Floirendo – don’t let the middle and last names influence you. She has her own beautiful brand to share with everyone and, chances are, she could wow us even more.
5) Kim Ross Delos Santos – the woman who took her sweet time to finally say yes to Bb. Pilipinas. My hope is that there won’t be any type of obstacle now, especially not in this edition that could prove to be her last qualifying year to join, age-wise.
I opted to just look at first-timers in the nationals (BbP, MWP, MPE and Mutya), instead of including the familiar options we have already seen perform on the big stage in the past. 😉