#Shoutout to the 70th Miss Universe Harnaaz Kaur Sandhu of India:
“Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors where there were only walls.”
– Joseph Campbell
Photo Fadil Berisha Photography
Gown Sherri Hill
Look: Miss Universe Harnaaz Kaur Sandhu packs a punch in these new images shot by Fadil Berisha. She is wearing a gown created by Naeem Khan of NYC.
And in the “Follow Me” video below, Harnaaz was filmed getting publicly tested for HIV.
With Miss Universe Canada 2020 Nova Stevens going to the 69th Miss Universe armed with the extra confidence that she will be wearing a competition gown by Michael Cinco, she is all set to wow everyone in all other segments – and hopefully do a Zozibini Tunzi in the process.
Some people are saying that the Women-of-Color-Phenomenon is still in place. I say that the best girl will always win in any pageant, regardless of skin color, race or country represented.
All solo shots in this entry were captured by Fadil Berisha.
The pageant community will always crave for any information about the staging of Miss Universe. And thus far, the rumors going around are that:
1) The 69th edition will be hosted in the Sunshine State of the USA- or Florida if you will.
2) The 69th Edition will happen around February, 2021 for a period of 15-17 days.
3) The 69th Miss Universe will be crowned on Valentine’s Day.
All three items above are definitely unconfirmed.
From where I blog, the possible truths so far are below:
1) The Miss Universe Organization could neither confirm the host location nor the inclusive dates. First quarter of 2021 is being strongly looked at, however.
2) The Miss Universe Organization has gotten in touch with the different National Directors to gather materials about their respective delegates to be used on the website, souvenir program and other promotional materials.
3) The headshots should be submitted by December 31. Guidance has been clearly provided to ensure a manageable uniformity of shots. The primary instruction is to feature the delegate as a strong and powerful woman.
4) No photographs will be shot on location and only submitted photos will be used. Hence, Fadil Berisha (or any official glam photographer for that matter) will not be present.
Only these four (4) latter items are close to being called “facts” to date.
Your thoughts, dear readers?
While her special day was already celebrated on ABS-CBN’s ASAP, today is the exact date – January 6 – when we all give a supremely big shoutout to Miss Universe 2018 Catriona Gray…
The entire Universe wishes you the best!
Photo credit: Fadil Berisha Photography
Miss Universe 2018 Catriona Gray got first dibs in actually holding the new crown made by Mouawad. But very soon, one of the 90 candidates around her will be the first to wear it as the new titleholder.
By the way, Catriona wore a Manny Halasan gown during the unveiling of the crown.
In the meantime, here are newly-posted photos of Queen Cat taken by Fadil Berisha.
#catrionagray #missuniverse2019 #missuniverse2018
Nowadays, Fadil Berisha (who was pictured above shooting the Miss Universe 2019 candidates in pairs) uploaded not just one or two but four previously-unreleased shots that he took of Miss Universe 2018 Catriona Gray. He is dedicating this week to Queen Cat with various fashion photos captured from different periods during her reign. For sure, more pictures will come in the next day or two.
Anyways, here they are.
Above are photos from the first breakfast of Gazini with some of the Miss Universe 2019 candidates.
First image below is an outtake of Miss Universe Philippines Gazini Christiana Jordi Ganados from the photoshoot with Fadil Berisha for Miss Universe 2019.
Credits for her outfit:
Ethnic Jumpsuit : House Of Victoria
Stylist Kenneth Ramil Yturralde
Special thanks to @kathrynfanlo, Oli Sara for the Inaul Earrings
Gazini with Leonel Rodriguez of Chi Hair Care
In an article posted by Robert Requintina on Manila Bulletin, he confirmed that the Miss Universe franchise in the Philippines will stay with BPCI according to a statement sent to the publication by the MUO.
It was also mentioned that Bb. Pilipinas 2019 will be held this coming June.
You can read it here:
Photo credit: Fadil Berisha Photography