Back in 2014 when Patrick Santos joined Bodyshots Philippines, he was still this unknown dreamer who took the competition with a mix of fun and drive to succeed. His name and face did register to a good number of followers. And while it did not translate to an anticipated victory or placement, the whole experience did not totally dampen a deep-seated eagerness to do well in his chosen career. He moved on quickly and tried other contests, until Misters 2015 The Pageant where he screened, qualified and was finally casted (with the photos above and left courtesy of Dennis Natividad) to represent his hometown of Floridablanca, Pampanga.
Still a child at heart, Patrick has instilled a relatively more serious disposition in him now. The baby-faced youthfulness is still ever present, but with a stronger will to do a lot better this time around. Read his Q&A now.
1) As a Misters of Pilipinas 2015 candidate, give me a 30-second intro about yourself which will make followers show more interest in you.
I am Patrick from Floridablanca, Pampanga. At my age, I still have that childlike side of me giving interest to apps and games like CoC (Clash of Clans). Perhaps with this kind of interest, everyone can still relate to the things that I love, young or old..
2) As one of the candidates, what image do you want to show the others?
The image I want to show is that of hardwork, just like how I look physically. I work hard to maintain a beautiful body. However, physical appearance is not enough, one should also consider hardwork in terms of achieving your goals and dreams.
3) In Miss Universe, a popular running line is “yellow is the color of joy”. What color best represents you?
Black would perfectly represent me! Because besides the negative notion that that black represents darkness, black is the presence of all colors. Colors that can signify unity in whatever race, color, culture or religion one may belong to.
Honestly, I would like to have them both. Aha! But if I have to choose one, it would be Mr. Friendship. That’s more than an award for me because it’s a measure of your character and a distinction of who you are to others.
5) If you win one of the titles, people will expect you to be a good role model. How will you start building that image if ever?
I really do hope it will happen and if does, I might start thinking of rebuilding myself! Less is always more!! Less vice and less mistakes, that’s a good way for me to start being a good role model!
6. Having joined a nationwide modeling search (Bodyshots) last year, what difference do you expect in terms of handling the competition? Will you adopt a new gameplan?
I really don’t have a gameplan! I just give my best effort to everything that I venture into, be it a pageant or life itself. I always make sure to give my best shot to win every game and achieve my goal.
7. How do you expect your life to change after being named an Official Candidate of Misters of Pilipinas 2015?
Not that much. I might be a little popular due to social media and the press, but I’m still the same Patrick Santos, but this time more confident and looking forward to becoming a better version of me
8) Any message to your followers, Patrick?
Thank you for your support and I hope you’ll stay with me up to the end of my journey of Misters 2015! God bless! 😄😄