Pat with mom Jovita
Earlier in the day, pageant media friends and I attended the birthday lunch hosted by Belmere Skin Care Centre for its Marketing & Promotions Head Jovita Laureola (#Binibini15 during the 1987 Bb. Pilipinas edition) who also happens to be the mother of your #Binibini37 Patrizia Mariah “Pat” L. Garcia in Bb. Pilipinas 2018.
I took the opportunity to interview Pat about her ongoing journey in the nationals and how she looks at the competition. She also answered a question on whether she is ready to go full steam ahead in the fight now that the Press Presentation is nearing. Below are clips from our talk in between shots taken by Joy Arguil for normannorman.com.
Now here is another Kagandahang Flores (KF) entry for Bb. Pilipinas 2018. And she is a familiar face (and person) to your blogger. After all, she is one of the endorsers of Belmeré Skin Care Centre and we have had more than a few face-to-face encounters in the recent past.
Patrizia Mariah L. Garcia – or Pat for short – is a De La Salle University graduate who now works as an Account Manager for Globe Telecoms. She stands 5’7” and is actually a morena-like beauty who can make heads turn quite easily. She has prepared long and hard for the chance to become a Binibini. And if she does qualify and starts competing, I reckon that she could be someone like last year’s 2nd Runner-Up Kristel Guelos – a surprise performer in the nationals.
Let’s see how Pat will strike you once the screenings get underway.
This coming Thursday afternoon will be the Press Presentation of the Official Candidates of Gentlemen of the Philippines 2017 courtesy of Co-Presentor Belmeré Skin Care Centre. Now on its 2nd year, the national male pageant promises to be a bigger and bolder event with the Preliminaries scheduled to take place in the Crown Jewel of the North – Hannah’s Beach Resort and Convention Center – which also happens to be the Official Presentor, from September 1-3. This is where competitions in Ethnic Costume, Swimwear and Formal Wear will take place, as well as the Sports Fast-Track to be conducted by Bond’s Optimal Fitness.
Back in Manila, the Talent Fast-Track will be held – along with the ongoing Social Media and Charity equivalents – before the Dinner-Finals Night scheduled on September 9 at the Grand Ballroom of Hotel Rembrandt in QC.
The thirty-one contenders embody the vision of Gentlemen Charities Inc (GCI) to look for young men with “more than good looks” – individuals who can dig deep beyond pure muscles and express their inner strength and advocacies along with back stories that show character and uniqueness.
The Official Candidates of Gentlemen of the Philippines 2017 are:
1. John David Berganio (Wales)
2. Melvin Lat (Lipa City, Batangas)
3. Al Reggie Dimalanas (Maguindanao)
4. Dan-Riel Cabigan (Carmona)
5. Gerard Bonanza (Legazpi City)
6. Mark Anthony Sy (Tarlac City)
7. Kristian Sarmiento (Lucban, Quezon)
8. Miguel De Castro (Laguna)
9. Wilfred Carlo Aquino (Leyte)
10. Ian Anthony Tan (Lucena City)
11. Christian Pot Castillo (Floridablanca, Pampanga)
12. John Alfred Bendana (England)
13. Juvienz Von Kaisser Maravilla (Olongapo City)
14. Manny Quintos (Tarlac Province)
15. Jay Jay Olano (South Italy)
16. Jush Rosales (Mulanay, Quezon)
17. Gerald Montero (Sta. Maria, Ilocos Sur)
18. Kevin Hernandez (North Italy)
19. Mark David Porcel (Mabalacat City, Pampanga)
20. Jose Gabriel Aquino (Bulacan)
21. Michael Gomez (North Cotabato)
22. Paul Guarnes (Iloilo)
23. Jamil Permigones (Alabat, Quezon)
24. Prince Argel Saycon (Bais City, Negros Oriental)
25. Aaron Sangcap (Concepcion, Tarlac)
26. Gandalf Ray Lao (Tawi-Tawi)
27. Vincent John Musni (Capas, Tarlac)
28. Donelle Karlo ‘DK’ Babiera (Dumaguete City)
29. Jethro Percival Peralta (San Clemente, Tarlac)
30. Rafael Jamir (Cavite City)
31. Keny Ong (Ilocos Sur)
Reigning top winner Andrea Biondo, who is also Mister Southeast Asia International, will be there to see who has what it takes to succeed him as Mister Universal Ambassador Philippines.
Watch out for normannorman.com’s coverage of the Press Presentation!
Truly. More than good looks.
Marcia Nicole A. Bautista is a Miss Global Philippines 2016 candidate (Gown photo taken by Lito Caleon for Fabmanilaph)
When the Miss Global Philippines 2016 candidates made one of their sponsor visits at Belmeré Skin Care Centre in Pasig, I got the chance to engage this pretty lass from Cabagan, Isabela in a small round-robin talk with the others. She immediately took my fancy after stating that she is a Management Accountant who graduated from our common alma mater
– University of Santo Tomas. In jest, I asked if she already got bored with doing all those office paper works and financial documents and decided to throw caution to the wind so as to give way to her long-time interest in joining pageants. Her girlish smile indicated an affirmative reply, seconded by a statement that she really wants to give herself this break. After all, she has been a family breadwinner for so long that getting the chance to give in to the dream is such a welcome change.
Marcia Nicole is a happy simple spirit who has not lost her rural upbringing. And by that, what I am actually saying is that she is not a boring personality after all. Her job may tend to be branded as relatively monotonous, but the overall spark will always be seen as fun-loving with a healthy dash of wholesome.
A photo with Marcia Nicole during the candidates’ visit to Belmeré Skin Care Centre
Will Marcia Nicole Bautista achieve what she originally aimed for in joining Miss Global Philippines 2016? I hope so. She has such a positive vibe and energy that can easily spread to the organization running the same. 🙂
CJ Hirro for Miss Global Philippines 2016 (Photo credit: Collin Sarthou Yap)
Camille Hirro, or CJ if you want to get her attention fast, is one of the best speakers among the Miss Global Philippines 2016 candidates. She is just as good in expressing herself verbally as she is in translating her thoughts into penned or Word formats. This UP graduate does some work as ghost writer for some politicians and known personalities whose identities cannot be disclosed.
But to better appreciate CJ, one really needs to sit down and talk to her. She has an impressive way of delivering her statements. Call it her gift of gab. And in no time at all, you will know why the short hair really fits herbto a T. She is smart and confident – a good example of a modern Filipina.
Watch a video of CJ now when she was featured on the EZ Shop show “Taumbahay”.
courtesy of Taumbahay EBC
At 28, CJ is one of the big sisters among the Miss Global Philippines contenders. But don’t mind the age because she is one lady you can be proud to show off in any public appearance or perhaps, an international beauty contest here or abroad. 🙂
CJ (leftmost) with the other candidates of MGP2016 at Belmeré Skin Care Centre