It is my personal opinion that Bb. Pilipinas Charities, Inc. (BPCI) should seriously consider a formal crowning of the country’s representative to Miss Supranational starting this year, and be henceforth titled Bb. Pilipinas-Supranational. Here are my reasons why:
1) The Central Europe-based organizers of Miss Supranational have already proven themselves worthy of hosting an international beauty competition, as proven by past editions of the same.
2) At the moment, the same organizers have already started out reaching to countries that have not yet sent delegates to their pageant by way of encouraging prospective (and reputable) National Directors to formalize their participation and have an official representative for 2013-onwards.
3) Who doesn’t want to represent the country abroad and in a beautiful and scenic host city where only a few of us have visited as tourists? Any of this year’s Bb. Pilipinas candidates would love the opportunity.
4) Although not yet confirmed, there are talks that BPCI will no longer hold the franchise for Miss Universe Philippines by 2014, as ABS-CBN (reportedly and allegedly the new franchise holder) will conduct a separate search for the said title. Should this happen, they will be left with only two crowns to give out – International and Tourism – with the latter one being nominal so far given uncertainties about the continued existence of Miss Tourism Queen International. Bb. Pilipinas-Supranational can fill the void. It may not be as prestigious as Miss Universe Philippines yet, but it will eventually (and nicely) level up in a few more years.
5) Lastly, Miss Supranational is a Grand Slam Pageant after all.
So what say you, dear readers? Do you agree that it’s high time Bb. Pilipinas-Supranational be recognized, even only at the level of the extinct Miss Young Pilipinas and Miss Maja Pilipinas for now? 🙂