Earlier today at the Empire Studios inside Uptown Mall in BGC, the much awaited Miss Universe Philippines Press Conference was held with a jampacked attendance from members of the quadri-media. The #pillars of the organization – along with Frontrow representatives – sat in the panel and engaged in a long discussion where they answered several questions from the Press.
National Director Shamcey Supsup-Lee, Creative Director Jonas Gaffud, Head of Legal Affairs Atty Nad Bronce, Head of Women Empowerment & Charity Lia Andrea Ramos, Design Council Head Albert Andrada and Business Development/Marketing Head Mario Garcia – with Frontrow President RS Francisco and CEO Sam Verzosa – took turns in answering questions and explaining their participation in the entire pageant exercise.
How was the group formed?
In a few nutshells, here are some of the important details worth citing:
1) Finals Night will be on May 3 at the Mall of Asia Arena (no details yet on their network partner)
2) The number of Official Candidates could be as many as the number of their accredited partners in the provinces and highly-urbanized cities of the country. Hence, it is not impossible to have 114 contenders for as long as each one of them pass the standards set by the organization. It could be less but at this point, prepare for a high number. I am seeing a minimum of 50 if my hunch is right.
3) The format? Let Jonas and Albert explain below.
4) The Official Candidates will have a 2-month pre-pageant duration from February 20 to the end of April. The first week of May will be earmarked for rehearsals.
5) During the pre-pageant period, the ladies will be afforded the chance to earn compensation by way of the digital business tie-ups being finalized by Mario Garcia. In it, social media savvy will be crucial. The more influential a candidate is, the better.
6) Atty Nad Bronce is coming up with a more improved method of training the candidates in Q&A and communication. I am pleased to tell you that he has asked your blogger’s assistance in this part which should happen around March.
7) Lia Ramos will endeavor to make good leaders out of the candidates by providing them with a useful platform/s in building yo their respective advocacies and the sustainable tourism efforts of the organization.
Your blogger with Lia Ramos
8) For walk-in applicants who make the grade, they will be endorsed to accredited partners with no representative, provided that they have reasonable geographical affiliation, or if a province or city expresses its intent in “adopting” the candidate.
9) Non-performing or abusive accredited partners can have their certificate/s revoked if found in violation of organizational rules and policies in due diligence and transactions.
Now for an interesting concern that Shamcey responded to, please watch below. She spoke about her relationship with BPCI and Jorge and Stella Araneta and how she plans to make things smooth, especially that the couple are Principal Sponsors during her wedding to Lloyd Lee.
Watch out for more updates soon!