While the Miss USA 2013 preliminary competition earlier this week helped a lot in clearing my doubts about some of the ladies, it also firmed up my assessment of personal favorites all throughout the pre-pageant proceedings. There are those who stayed put, those who zoomed up from the lower tier and a few who slid down, based on live performance.
So in alphabetical order (and colorful Candy Crush hues), here are the 15 state representatives I’d like to see make it to the first cut:
– While I anticipate that Miss Oklahoma will get the fast-track ticket to the semifinals, I still believe that she is deserving of a Top 15 spot, voting or no voting involved.
– I like these fun shots of the ladies. It keeps each one of them more accessible to the public compared to the glamshots that alienated most of them.
My Top 10 (in alphabetical order):
– I was fiddling between Oklahoma and Rhode Island for the 10th spot in my Top 10. In the end, I favored Brittany Stenovitch, RI’s bet.
My Top 5: (in this order)
– It ain’t easy filling the 5th spot in my Top 5. As far as my armchair judging is concerned, the first four positions are already locked for Alabama, Texas, Utah and Connecticut. There was a major toss between Minnesota and Florida in my assessment. Danielle Hooper simply got the slight edge in the end for me.
One of these three ladies – two redheads (Alabama and Utah) and a brunette (Texas) – could win Miss USA 2013:
– It’s hard to choose among the three but I can take one of them coming out on top, especially Alabama who might pull a Sylvia Hitchcock if fate so allows.
– Gut feel tells me that one among Mary Margaret, Ali and Marissa will win. Either that or Miss Oklahoma Makenzie Muse might pull a surprise come-from-behind victory. I’m just not inclined to anticipate the latter too much. Nevertheless, with the USA being the reigning Miss Universe titleholder, it is likely to happen still.