From Origin Models Management – the same modeling agency that fielded Beatrice Luigi Gomez and Tracy Maureen Perez in 2021 – Chantal Schmitz is being rumored to be one of the next protégés that might be fielded in the nationals. This 5’7” Law student has been getting the buzz of late. Will she pursue?
On the other hand, another rumored joiner is Binibining Pilipinas International 2019 Patch Magtanong who – just like Ahtisa Manalo – is said to be looking at 2022 for a possible Miss Universe Philippines crossover. She was largely non-committal last 2020 due to a still pending contract with BPCI followed by an anticipated employment in a law firm. Is the coast clear this time around?
Reposting in full the experience of Miss Universe 2015 Pia Wurtzbach getting COVID-19 in the UK:
Posted @withregram • @piawurtzbach Long post ahead 🙏🏼 Sharing what happened to me recently.
I caught COVID here in the UK even though I’ve been fully vaccinated & received my booster shot already. Kumpleto din ako ng flu & pneumonia vaccines. I eat healthy & I’m active, but I still got it. I got all the symptoms too. Fever, sore throat, body pain, runny rose, cough, & I also lost my sense of smell & taste. It’s not like a regular cold or flu that goes away after a few days. I’ve never been sick for this long, which lasted more than a week.
I’m one day away into completing isolation with my sister, @sarahwurtzbach who also caught it. We both tested negative already, thank God. 🙏🏼
The worst is through. I am recovering well. I am beyond grateful my parents are safe. Di sila nahawa sakin. 🙏🏼
Guys, COVID is so real. My timeline shows that many have/had it too, both in the Philippines & abroad. And the numbers are going up exponentially. Please take this seriously cos anyone can get it no matter how healthy you are. Being fully vaccinated doesn’t stop you from getting the virus but it helps you overcome it. Please follow health & safety protocols. I think it’s the moment you put your guard down, doon ka mahahawa. You think you’re safe & usually yung makakahalubilo mo walang symptoms. Akala mo all is well. Pero, nahawa ka na pala at may possibility na maipasa mo sa iba nang di mo alam.
It seems easy for anyone to just break protocols & still go out even when they know they tested positive. Feeling nila, di sila mahuhuli or wala namang nagbabantay. I’ve personally seen other people do this. 🤦🏻♀️ Meron pa diyan, may symptoms na & have the means to get tested pero ayaw nilang maconfirm na may COVID sila, tas lalabas parin. Naku, konsensiya niyo nalang yan. Konting personal accountability, please.
Ang dami nang nagkasakit. I don‘t wanna sound preachy but let’s not be selfish & go breaking protocols, hoarding supplies, refusing to get tested & vaccinated.
I hope we can start 2022 right. Let’s look after one other by getting those jabs, staying in isolation if needed, stop gathering in big groups, frequent hand washing, & please wear those masks properly. 🙏🏼
Someone’s excited for the start of Miss Universe Philippines 2022. And she can’t wait to see the next batch of #phenomenal women who will sign up for this year’s edition.
After placing in the Top 5 of the 70th Miss Universe, Beatrice Luigi Gomez wants the next one to sustain the momentum.
Photography | @dookieducay
MUA | @theleiponce e
Hair | @hairbyvaleriecorpuz
Earrings | @katawofficial
Rings | @mauve.manila
Style | @teamryujishiomitsu @ryujishiomitsu @beaguerrero__ @daquilangmiguel
Set Design | #StyledbyGinger @ginger_eventstyling @mattfilart
Dress | @laglamourqueen
You leveled up indeed!
Big #shoutout to our Miss Universe 2018 Catriona Gray:
Celebrate this day with the right kind of happiness you richly deserve.
Below is an official video of Miss Universe Harnaaz Sandhu and her apartment arrival in the Big Apple.
Here are three (3) more ladies who are being rumored to sign up for Miss Universe Philippines 2022. Interestingly, this trio is composed of halfies who have started their career in the limelight as athlete or photographic models.
Alexie Brooks (or Alexie Mae Camoso if you will) from Iloilo Province who is also an athlete.
Filipina-German model and tiktokerist from Cavite
Nikki de Moura, a Filipina-Brazilian from Cagayan de Oro City who placed second in the latest season of SupermodelMe. She is 18.
Let’s see who among them will actually join the beeline for this year’s edition.
Are they showing the phenomenal aura for you?
Miss Universe Philippines 2022 is coming soon!
Another year, another set of queens! The most prestigious pageant in the country will start its screening in February 2022. Get your profiles and papers ready, aspiring queens!
We’re brewing something phenomenal. Miss Universe Philippines 2022, this coming April. Stay tuned!
Ruffa Nava – our supposed representative to Reinado Internacional del Café in Colombia – was not able to depart for the competition because she tested positive for COVID-19 on the eve of her flight.
My heart goes out to Ruffa.
This pandemic is a real spoiler.
Usually at the start of each year, pageant fans would come up with their wish-list of ladies they want to see taking part in the upcoming season of national competitions.
Here are five (5) who could possibly be in the radar of followers:
1) Roberta Tamondong – after successfully completing her reign as Miss Eco Teen Philippines 2020 and Miss Eco Teen International 2020, this 19 Year-old Lagunense could be planning a pageant re-entry with hopes of getting a better crown for herself. Why not? She has the beauty, height and brains to do so. I can see her lining up for Binibining Pilipinas.
2) Maria Isabela Galeria – an unfinished business in Miss Universe Philippines may likely convince this tall and beautiful Sorsoganon to re-enter and possibly conquer the crown she was hoping to win last 2020.
3) Ma. Ahtisa Manalo – she was said to be looking at 2022 as the year when she would finally sign up for Miss Universe Philippines and represent her beloved Province of Quezon. She still has a business that keeps her busy always. But it is likely that she will find the time to cross over from BBP to MUPH.
4) Phoebe Godinez – Following last year’s impressive showing of Cebu City in the nationals, the Queen City of the South (or the entire province for that matter) will be most pressured to do back-to-backs. This tall Cebuana is currently a Candidate of Hiyas ng Pilipinas. But who’s stopping her from giving the other pageants a try this year? She has been waiting in the wings long enough.
5) Klea Pineda – now showbiz personalities joining pageants is nothing new. In fact, they always have an early edge when joining one. Klea just wrapped up with her teleserye commitments for GMA7. If she does not get another long-term project soon enough, then there is a good chance of seeing her in Miss World Philippines.
There are more possibilities in 2022.
This quintet is a teaser of beautiful Filipinas who just might shine this year.
Happy New Year everyone!
So what is that one thing I missed doing the most during 2020 and 2021? Travels!
Locally, hopping from one province to the next is more doable. But if it is at all possible, I’d really like to do one or two international trips in 2022. Here are the places I would love to visit or return to next year:
1. Sapporo, Japan – I am not necessarily a winter kind of person. But going to a place full of snow for a few days or more is something I have always wanted to do. What’s more, Japan is one country I wouldn’t mind traveling to again and again.
2. Bangkok, Thailand – 2018 was the last time I spent a working vacation in the Land of Smiles. And to return to my most visited pre-pandemic destination excites me just thinking about it.
3. London, England – with my nephew already working as a frontliner in Worthing, I have that extra reason to visit him, and perhaps make a side trip to Northern Ireland in the process.
These are just wishes I hope to fulfill in 2022. I cannot imagine doing them without the family members by my side. But if it still needs to be pushed to the future further, I don’t mind. Spending quality time with my loved ones is more important.
Here’s hoping that the coming year will be good to all of you, especially the ones who were devastated by Typhoon Odette.
Have a better and more productive 2022!