THE ROAD TO PROGRESS
Beatriz “Zea” Vasquez Awatin, the reigning Miss Progress Philippines, held her “Send Off Party” at Kagandang Flores Camp before departing for Puglia, Italy, on September 7, 2022, for the 8th edition of Miss Progress International (MPI).
The Associazione Culturale in Progress organizes the pageant, which has been recognized and supported by the President of the Italian Republic, the Italian Council of Ministers, the Italian Ministry of Tourism, and the Italian Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities.
Miss Progress International’s social values and humanitarian objectives continue to advance through its unconventional approach. The representative from each nation should not only be an example of intelligence and beauty, but also actively contribute to the growth and development of their own communities.
Miss Progress International believes that to make progress, we must strengthen three critical pillars: HUMAN RIGHTS, ENVIRONMENT, and HEALTH. As a result, each candidate must present a viable project. Candidates were asked to write a project based on their assigned social theme or “PROGRESS’ PILLAR,” and this year’s theme for the Philippines is human rights.
Beatriz’s project for human rights theme/pillar is entitled “THE JEEPNEY LIBRARY”; it is a vehicle of PROGRESS. Jeepney Library is an aid to support the lack of access to modern education for the poorest of the poor children of Manila. It is customized with a portable Wi-Fi connection and computers/laptops built in to give less fortunate children the right to gain access to technology and information and make sure that NO ONE IS LEFT BEHIND.
Beatriz and the other over 30 delegates will tour the world’s most beautiful region, Puglia, Italy. They will visit several UNESCO World Heritage sites. On September 17 (9:90PM Italian Time and 3:30 AM Philippines Time), the coronation night will be streamed LIVE on Miss Progress International’s YouTube and Facebook pages, as well as on a European TV station that will be announced shortly.
We can vote for our representative for free every day until September 17th. Don’t miss out and let us all rally behind Zea to bring home the country’s second Miss Progress International crown.
Special thanks to:
• National Director: Karen Marjoribanks
• QBP Philippines Family: Jedaver Opingo and Sarah Bona
• Support Team and Family: Joselito Awatin, Kyle, Ms Jem and Tito Jace • • National Costumer Designer: Jay-r Gamboa Flores
• Wardrobe Providers: Alfie Eufemio, Ranel Espaldon, Chico Estivas and • Jamie Go Multimedia Director: Cliff Irvine Aparicio
• KF Mentors: Rodgil Flores and Kuya Enan Glam and Styling Team Team: Dan Settera, Cathy Dee, Jarre; Capistrano, Jona Imperial, Jessie Maghayop, JR Constantino, Jonas Lucas, Valerie Corpuz, Kier Sitjar Photographers: Joel Maniquis and Ryan Aguas Sponsors: Fedici.ph, Khai Pears Asia, Dr. Gladise Navarro
Beatriz “Zea” Awatin
• Masters Degree in International Relations De La Salle University
• Bachelor of Arts in International Studies
San Beda Alabang
• Rotary Club Member
• Alveo Land Sales Manager
• Hong Kong Model United Nations Best Position Paper
• Project Pearls Volunteer
Participated in various community services and a recipient of various community service awards.
Photo credit: Joy Arguil for Fab Philippines