Hers is a story that can only be aptly described as “magical”.
With practically all the elements of the well-loved fiction – save the presence of the wicked stepmother and stepsisters – she was crowned at almost half past midnight (Egypt time) and had her Prince Charming in the audience incessantly cheering her on.
By no means is this parallel to that “life is stranger than fiction” line. Instead, the beautiful inspirations are all there;
1. Her name says it all – “Cinderella”.
2. Truth be told, she almost did not win the national crown if not for the wildcard opportunity that allowed her to shine on her own merits. The glass shoes really fit.
3. She has not one but two Fairy Godmothers. The first one is Madame Stella Marquez de Araneta of BPCI. And the second one is Atty Jeffrey Saclot (her direct boss at the Misamis Oriental Provincial Tourism Office) who made sure that her journey to Egypt was smooth and problem-free.
4. She has a team of friends who stayed with her all the way through. Call them a glam team or the footmen and coachman. But they supported all her needs from start to finish – Michael Villamor, Odelon Simpao and Maja Blanka.
5. She has her real-life Prince Charming – Henri Lopez – who stood by her, rallied everyone and claimed the crown as early as the day she won BbPilipinas.
This is such a wonderfully victorious journey for Cinderella Faye Obeñita whose success in pageantry is written in the stars. It does not happen to everyone. But then again, she has Lady Luck by her side and worked hard to achieve the win.
Mabuhay ka, Cindy!