It’s always great to be alive!
Celebrating a birthday in the midst of a pandemic lockdown may sound sad for some. But not me. I take happiness in the small (but significant) nuggets of positivity in or around me:
– I am fully vaccinated;
– I have my mother by my side;
– I still get #wfh gigs that pay the bills somehow;
– I still have my blog at normannorman.com where the engagements have become more intellectually stimulating;
– I am entering Season 6 of Pageantry Norms this coming Sunday;
– I have no love life, and that is by choice. Family will always come first;
– I have so many friends inside and outside of social media who will shower me with greetings;
– Most importantly, I look up to Someone up there who blessed me with another year of existence.
What more can I ask for? Oh yes, a safe – albeit slow – return to local and international travel will definitely complete me.
And that is how you make a birthday post with optimism.