Batch 3 of the Miss Universe Philippines candidates is the biggest so far with thirteen (13) doing their Preliminary Q&A. And I would say that this is the most predominantly relaxed group so far.
When an interviewee is relaxed, the words come out more fluidly. And because of that, I selected four (4) favorites here:
1) Adee Hitomi Ariate Akiyama of Oriental Mindoro – while she may tend to talk fast, her thoughts still come out clear and convincing. This Doctor of Medicine really knows her stuff – and not only those allied to her profession.
2) Maricres Valdez Castro of Muntilupa – she is so inspirational-sounding that you can’t help but be lulled by her voice – not to sleep but to actually listen to her suggestions and life learnings.
3) Caroline Veronilla of Misamis Oriental – she shows unabashed pride not only for her Province but also for Mindanao. She has a forceful but disarming grace about her. And that allowed a very pleasant interaction with the questioning panel.
4) Patricia Pineda Santos of Pampanga – this Flight Attendant is cool, calm and collected in her thoughts. She knows when to step on the breaks and when to go full speed ahead.
Kudos to the nine other ladies for overcoming your nerves, especially Alexandra Abdon of Manila who gave the most chill vibe to the judges so far.
So many good interviews in the 4th and Final installment of the Miss Universe Philippines Preliminary Q&A. It seems that all eleven ladies knew how tired the panel was. As such, they really made the conscious effort to revive their tired minds and make conversations that will make them smile.
My Top 5 – and I am putting my first two in the same breath just because they really delivered on their frontrunner status – are:
1) Bella Ysmael and Michele Gumabao – one is serenely charismatic while the other is diplomatically engaging. Their speaking styles are entirely different but the substance of their answers are laid out so clearly – even visually if you really try to imagine the words coming out of their lips.
3) Zandra Nicole Sta Maria – she is practical and persuasive in a big-sister kind of way. Her responses are easy to digest.
4) Sandra Lemonon – her frequent laughters bring joy to a room of low-batt interviewers. This is the lemon we all thought of as unable to turn into a lemonade. But she is now flavorful and magnetic.
5) Niña Soriano – her sincerity overflows, and you can tell that she goes beyond lip service. So when she answers, the consistency in her beliefs are coming from the right place.
Kudos to Riana Agatha Pangindian, Faye Dominique Deveza, Ericka Evangelista, Maria Fee Tajaran, Carissa Rozil Manasan Quiza and Perlyn Yamuta Cayona for also handling themselves in front of the panel very well.
So time now to tally all my scores so I can figure out my Top 15 from among all of the #phenomenalwomen.
Oriental Mindoro exudes class and sweetness. Nasurprise ako duon. I know, it is kinda improper to mention another pageant but for me another Mikimoto crown fits her head more with a cape on her shoulders. When she said “maganda tulad ko at nating lahat…gumanda na din po ako dahil sa Miss Universe” shows humility. I also felt the sincerity of making that statement inclusive. It did not sound impressing the panel but sincerely recognizing what the word “maganda” trully means. Her “period” with a gesture is so regal.. not the usual which is done with too much head movement or hairflips. She made that pop statement so queenly. Natuwa ako for her. Win or lose. Great job, girl.
Sino na nga ba yung 18 years old?
Magaling din sa QnA ha.
Mesmerizing ang ganda ni Romblon. Kagabi ko lang sya nakita. Parang international celebrity ang dating ng ganda nya para sa akin.
Tama Palawan nga. Maraming salamat po.
Nakaka-L ang boses ni Miss Muntinlupa. Bagay sya magboses sa mga characters sa online games.
Kung reality show ito katulad ng PBB, sa tingin ko si Miss Manila ay parang si Maymay (or Kakai) at naiisip ko pa na siya yung magti-trigger sa mga kasamahan na mailabas ang mga naitatagong negative characters tapos sidekick nya si Miss Batangas.
Sa mga nagtagalog na sina Misses Manila, Batangas at Quezon, si Quezon province lang ang malaman magsalita.
Sandra lemonon personality reminds me of Alicia Machado during mu 1996. Sandra will do well if it’s trump era. She improved a lot w her q and a kudos w that .
Ganda nya talaga . In person goddess din sya
My current ranking ( what will happen)
in no particular order
Pauline, rabiya, Mitch ,Bella and Billie
What I want
Pauline, Sigrid, cristelle ,Bella and Sandra. I also like inday alaiza authenticity
I find rabiya mala Eva p sa q and a
Im not solved w Mitch mid 40s type of built pumayat nga si Pauline if mapursige kaya
Tagal na ng road fr the crown laki pa rin
Bella is really classy at first runner up ko. My concern is popular pageant person told me she is 5’4. Kung 5’7 Lang Sana.
Inday is authentic sya Yun at least di nag memorize
I am so happy for my kababayan Oriental Mindoro.
I never thought na ganun sya kagaling. At malaki ang picture nya dito ha. Haha.
Sana kasama sya sa top 16
Based on this interview, I believe it is between Bella and Michelle.
Pauline comes closer… as well as Billie.
Madaming magagaling sa interview, medyo halatang kinakabahan lang. More practice in public speaking para maging confident sa ganitong mga interview.
Remember that MU is a confidently beautiful woman.
Top of the line : Bella . No one else compares to her in terms of beauty and comm skills
Romblon is very pretty .. but not very articulate
Bella is my first ru .pretty , intelligent,classy and graceful.
Kagabi ko lang din nakita si Romblon. Sooo ganda nya pala. Parang international celebrity
I was rooting for Alaiza coz that type of Filipina beauty/look really needs to hit the MU stage, but omaygas, I didn’t even finish her whole interview haha, haha, what was she doing? Mukhang kabadong-kabado si inday.
I’m betting on Pauline na. May mga anggulo lang talaga kasi sya na hindi maganda, pero may time naman na sobrang ganda like Ximena(?), and she’s very conversant and engaging, natural na natural parang hindi Q&A.
Next in line is Michelle, she can talk pero bat ganun? Tanong stop, sagot stop, tanong stop, sagot stop. Robotic yung interview nya.
So difficult to select who topped the preliminary interview. But for me. It is Pauline. Here are my reasons:
1. very human, very real, by displaying all range of emotions depending on the thought she is telling, yet classy and queenly.
2. Confidently beautiful.
3. Very sweet and seems vulnerable yet has very good control of the situation.
4. Voice is so modulated
5. She talks not very fast nor very slow, in moderation.
6. In short, if miss universe is looking for an excellent spokesperson, whom everybody can relate, from the poorest of the poor to the richest, Pauline is the one
Second to her is Michelle. She drew a lot of ideas and emotions from her being a volleyball player. Her thoughts and ideas are very good. Very intelligent. Why I chose Pauline over her is because she talks really fast. I agree from previous comments That Michelle is giving a cheerleader vibe rather than a queenly vibe.
Correction: agree with
One innstance that she draws the line above anybody else is By rubbing her hands and acknowledging it that it is too cold. So endearing
@ Serge . Mitch talks as if there is a debate while Pauline is calm . Pauline is my choice since day 1. I’m not solved w Pauline’sbuilt before but she became more fit. The voice is so calm na ang sarap pakingan
Bella looks like tweety …. bird not Deleon . Lol another example of colonial mentality na Maputi = maganda . Michele just isn’t pretty enough facially for MU . There’s nothing marketable about her plain Jane asian looks . She’s not a stunner. Sure she is smart but no wow factor physically . If we send her El Tucuyo yan mga sis
So Angola na naman bet mo ?
Always!!! Hi frenemy Fabs
Ganda rin ni Pasay.. I mean compared to her previous appearances
Bella and Michelle look very expensive
Bella Ysmael , 22, Philippines!!
Michele blew the roof up for me and should be the MUP. She’s very engaging and her confidence is overflowing. The kind that is for MU.
I expected more from Bella. I thought she can do better than that. Pauline and Billie for me score higher than her.
I personally only watched about 10 of them, the ones being most talked about pretty much.
My top one would be Bella followed by Billie. Pauline did okay just some answers did not quite hit the mark. Not a fan of Michelle’s too constructed answers that I can’t even feel her true personality in her answers. It was like she merely said what she was thought she was supposed to say.
I do agree that Alaiza could have toned down her nerves a bit, low-dose Propanolol would have helped. I myself live with a mixture of excitement and anxiety in high pressure situations. Her warmth and answers with toned-down nuances and nerves would have been perfect.
Not getting the hype with Iloilo and Batanes, answers-wise.
Tito Norms, ang epal naman po ni Dyan Castillejo. She robbed us of the excitement na makita ang stage and gowns ng candidates sa prelims. Can you maybe tell Jonas/Shamcey to ban this woman in the pageant activities?
Shut up Alaiza 😳
Yung lang masasabi ko hihihi.
Very disappointing c inday.
Divahhh mga becks.
Di man lang ginalang Ang MUP.
MUP is not a playground inday.
NaHB ako sa interview nya.
Excited p nman Sana ako.
Mas gugustuhin ko na lang na Manalo c Gumabao kahit pang Top 10 lang Ang puede nyang maabot sa ngayon kesa nman sa Luz Valdez na Malinao hihihi.
Daming dark horse na diko iniexpect na lumaban talaga.
Congrats shamcey and mamu j.
I think there will be an el tocuyo award.