Based on the criteria in selecting the winner of Miss Philippines Earth 2020, Beauty of Face, Beauty of Intelligence and Beauty of Form/Fitness/Poise account for 95% of the total score. The remaining 5% is earmarked for behavior/personality. Of late, the most familiar names and faces usually end up getting crowned as the country’s representative to Miss Earth. Examples are the reigning titleholder Janelle Tee and the other recent queens like Celeste Cortesi and Karen Ibasco. You can even include Imelda Schweighart who resigned before her reign was completed.
In this year’s edition, the Eco Angels who need no long introductions happen to be former Bb. Pilipinas and Miss World Philippines candidates plus one who already represented us in a smaller international beauty pageant.
Any one among the trio above is expected by many to take it all the way to the top and become the next winner. Spoilers, of course, are not counted out just yet. The representatives of Talacogon, Agusan del Sur and Vincenzo Sagun, Zamboanga del Sur are fine examples of potential come-from-behind winners.
What are your thoughts about the other contenders, dear readers? Is it high time to crown a fresh face since the new normal in pageantry has already crept in?
If you ask me, it will all boil down to whoever will be the best spokesperson among them. Beauty of Intelligence will be the first key to unlock the magic circle. And a composed and articulate speaker is likely to give the best performer the second key to become the successor of Janelle.
Stunning face is important to many. But a committed, hardworking and cooperative lady with a little of everything is likely to top the competition.