During the FB Live interview of The Qrown Philippines earlier, Bb. Pilipinas World 1999 Lalaine Edson-Forgham was asked to set the record straight regarding the incidents that transpired right after the finals of Miss World 1999 when she “disappeared” and was rumored to have been “kidnapped” at the time. The following were her revelations:
1) No, she was not “kidnapped” at all. Her father was sick then and underwent a triple bypass procedure. She had to look after him after losing her mom just years earlier.
2) Yes, she met her future husband through the introduction of her MW1999 roommate Marsha from Hong Kong. And she also fell in love with Mr. Forgham.
3) Lalaine also admitted that her head was not in the right space then. She felt that her life was so strict and needed to breathe from it all.
4) She wished she could have crowned her Bb. Pilipinas successor. But that’s all in the past now.
5) She has not communicated with BPCI ever since.
6) She still communicates with her fellow Bb. Pilipinas titleholders, but admits to being the closest to Bb. Pilipinas International 1999 Georgina Sandico.
7) She trained in Venezuela under Osmel Sousa and she wore a Halston evening gown for the finals.
8) She likes the way beauty pageants in the Philippines are being handled for the past few and wished that she was still younger so she could have experienced it now.
9) Lalaine trained for Japan and Miss International initially, so she had to make major adjustments with Miss World.
10) The first time she met Yukta Mookhey of India, she immediately surmised that the short-list for that year’s winner got even shorter. She knew that the tall Indian rep was in it to firmly win it.