And so it has come to pass. Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte announced this morning that the Enhanced Community Quarantine will continue until May 15 in eleven (11) high-risk areas while the rest of the country will be under General Community Quarantine under the following guidelines:
President Duterte declared Enhanced Community Quarantine, effective May 1-15, 2020 over the following high-risk areas:
1. Metro Manila
2. Central Luzon (Region III)
3. CALABARZON (Region IV-A)
4.Provinces of Panay Island (Aklan, Antique, Capiz & Iloilo)
5. Province of Cebu
6. Provinces of Davao Region (Region XI)
9. Mindoro Island
All other areas, which are considered as moderate and low-risk, will be placed under General Community Quarantine for the same period. For areas placed under General Community Quarantine, the following guidelines will be observed (courtesy of GMA News):
– Workers and sectors in category I, II and III may continue to work or operate in phases;
– The general population may go out of their homes only for purposes of accessing basic necessities;
– In any case, those with ages below 21 years old and those 60 years old and above as well as those with ages ranging from 21 years olf but below 60 years old but who reside with co-morbidities or other risk factors shall stay home;
– Non-leisure stores in malls and shopping centers may partially open;
– Higher education institutions may continue classes to finish the academic year and issue credentials to students in accordance with guidelines as may be issued by the Commission on Higher Education;
– Priority and essential construction projects may resume in accordance with guidelines as may be issued by the DPWH;
– Public transportation may operate at a reduced capacity in accordance with guidelines as may be issued by the DOTr;
– Local government units shall enforce curfew at night for non-workers; and
– Airports and seaports may operate insofar as the unhampered movement of goods.
Since I live in Metro Manila, then more stay-at-home days and nights until the middle of next month.
Truthfully, it ain’t easy coming up with daily content. But I try my best all the time. I hope everyone appreciates the effort.
Keep safe, dear readers!