With forty (40) Binibinis vying for only six (6) titles at stake, any pageant fan or follower would be at a loss as to how to properly distribute the wins to way less than 1/4 of them. And so, the reason why I am doing a second round of articles for the ladies is so that you will get to know them even more. After all, pageant sites/blogs should give them all the equal exposure that the big networks and publications would not go into on an individual basis.
I give you back #Binibini29 Samantha Avestruz from the Province of Leyte who always strikes me as a far more outstanding (and underrated) delegate the minute you get to spend quality minutes with her. Bb. Pilipinas is her very first national pageant, and making it as an Official Candidate in her first try is already considered a big achievement.
Here are eight (8) facts about Sam that you may not be aware of yet:
1. Graduating Student of Political Science from the University of Santo Tomas
2. Spearheaded a project in her University entitled seminART: The Role of Visual Arts in Shaping Philippine Politics
3. She was a Literary Writer and Cartoonist for her School Newspaper
4. She was an Intern at the Senate of the Philippines
5. Started modeling at the age of 13 and was Miss Teen Leyte 1st runner -up and Miss Leyte Pintados runner-up.
6. She advocates raising political and social awareness through visual arts
7. Runs a personal blog where she showcases her poetry and writing
8. Skilled in photo shop and adobe illustrator, designing brochure for NGOs and other organizations
So what do you think of Sam, dear readers?
Credits for Sam’s topmost and third photos:
Photography / Ross Paris
Creatives/ It’s all about Fashion
Styling/ Yul Avestruz