Here is another Independent candidate in our midst – your Binibini 6 Janice de Guzman Roman. This TV host is just as pleasantly surprised as her handlers of making it to the roster. And I am glad this Miss Philippine Youth 2015 1st Runner-Up made it as well.
“Binibining Pilipinas is a great opportunity for me to represent people in the minority – to help them receive equal access to all kinds of opportunities and privileges, such as access to quality education. If given the opportunity to carry one of the crowns of Binibining Pilipinas, I will have a more empowered voice to speak up for those people who are suppressed of their rights.
What is Janice fighting for?
“As I have always been an Educator, I would want to continuously become an advocate of quality education for all that focuses on the well-being of teachers as well. My advocacy on education is something that I hold on to dearly because I am one myself. It has always been my belief that good education produces individuals who can become Ambassadors of Goodwill in the future.”
Here are the credentials of Janice:
– Master of Arts in Communication (University of Santo Tomas)
– AB Broadcast Communication (Lyceum of the Philippines University-Manila)
– Graduated valedictorian in elementary and high school, dean’s lister in college
– Has authored two books in Mass Communication for Broadcast Principles & Practices, and Information/Communication Campaigns
– Content Writer
– TV host in UNTV
– Marketing associate in UNTV and Wish 107.5
– University instructor for the following subjects: Oral Communication & Public Speaking, Philosophy, World Literature, Media & Information Literacy, and English
– Recipient of: President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo Academic Excellence and Leadership Awardee
– Plans to continue to Law School and work in Public Attorney’s Office