An Electrical Aide by work, Jazzie admits that the income isn’t enough to make ends meet. So with his good looks, the chance to do bit roles in various teleseryes of ABS-CBN, TV5 and GMA-7 came to the rescue. It was an on-call gig that never promised security of tenure. But the irregular salary he got from playing small parts and walk-on appearances provided during the times when he needed extra cash to pay for the bills. He works hard for the money, so to speak. And he doesn’t mind the long taping hours and waiting periods. His body is used to it.
This guy feels that Misters could be the break he is waiting for to shine on his own merits. That remains to be seen. But for now, let’s head on over to his Q&A to see if he can pass muster in this initial phase of assessment.1) As a Misters 2015 candidate, give me a 30-second intro about yourself which will make followers show more interest in you.
“I am Jazzie Magne Vasquez. I graduated from the University of Makati. I am
22 years old, standing 5’11 and works as an electrical aide. On the side, I am a TV model/talent/extra in GMA, TV5 and ABS-CBN. I’m a man who knows how to respect people. I take pride in how I look just as I’m never ashamed to show who I really am…”
2) As one of the candidates, what image do you want to show the others?
“As a candidate, I want to show the real me, and to prove that a true Mister knows how to respect people.”
3) In Miss Universe, a popular running line is “yellow is the color of joy”. What color best represents you?
“Color red represents me. Red is the color of passion, determination and love.. I have passion in life, doing what I love and not quitting to achieve my dreams.”
4) Not everyone can win a special award in the competition, but if you are qualified for the following, which would you prefer to win: Mister Friendship or Mister Talent?
“I prefer to win Mister Friendship because I believe that friends are a major part of our life..to earn friends in this pageant will make me feel grateful and happy..”
5) If you win one of the titles, people will expect you to be a good role model. How will you start building that image if ever?
“I will start to show a role model image by demonstrating self confidence, respect to other people. To be a good role model is both physical and mental. I will show self discipline, like being on time, to finish what I’ve started, never quit! Most especially, appreciate the greatness of God.”
6. Having been exposed to the world of showbusiness before joining, what difference do you expect in terms of handling a big competition like Misters2015? Will you adopt a new gameplan?
“I expect that this pageant will not be easy for me. All candidates are competitive and have winning potentials. I will give my best to win, by having proper diet, work-out, have inspirations from my family and just enjoy!!.And also to show my uniqueness”
7. How do you expect your life to change after being named an Official Candidate of Misters 2015?
8) Any message to your followers, Jazzie?
“To all of my followers.. thank you for your support! I really appreaciate it.. please continue supporting me. I promise to do my best to win! God bless you all!”