So where does a guy who strikes the first impression of being angst-filled fit into all of these male pageant entanglements? Stucked somewhere in the middle with a bandage wrapped around his fingers, I reckon. Inspite of the ‘fight club’ aura, he is actually no stranger to this world. As Ginoong Laguna 2014, he knows fully well what is required of him in a battle of handsome men. And you’d be surprised to know that he is a sweet guy beneath a few layers of intense machismo on the outside. It doesn’t take a lot to make him smile, just as a well-intentioned and respected superior won’t need to move heaven and earth just to weed out his obedient side.
I must admit that it took him quite a while to do my Q&A. But with deadlines of his school requirements left and right, I relented to the delay and concentrated on the others first. Two nights back and last, I was finally able to pin him down (no pun intended) and below are his replies. With no edits, except a few punctuations here and there.1) As a Misters of Pilipinas 2015 candidate, give me a 30-second intro about yourself which will make followers show more interest in you.
I’m John Edgar C. Adajar. I stand 5 feet 11 inches tall. Sometimes 6. 😉 I’m an MMA fighter, model and a student. Im taking my Pre-law and will graduate this year. I love Basketball, MMA and I love Politics. People call me “Outlaw” cause I’m a badass lawyer and it suits me very well.
2) As one of the candidates, what image do you want to show the others?
A Leader. A modern man who can do anything and everything. A leader who is humble, kind, passionate, yet fun.
3) In Miss Universe, a popular running line is “yellow is the color of joy”. What color best represents you?
4) Not everyone can win a special award in the competition, but if you are qualified for the following, which would you prefer to win: Mister Friendship or Mister Talent?
The color that best represents me is red. Because it symbolizes passion or the fire within and I have known myself as somebody who is passionate in everything I do. I don’t give up easily. I always make sure that I excel in any craft i get into, especially in MMA.
Mister Talent. Because everybody can be friendly to anybody. But not everybody can have the same skill that make them stand out from the rest and for the reason that talent is persistence and it goes hand in hand with hard work.
5) If you win one of the titles, people will expect you to be a good role model. How will you start building that image if ever?
There are many things in my mind but number 1 on the list is to start campaigning for the anti-bullying pursuit and support the social welfare for the protection of children.
6. Having joined/participated and won Ginoong Laguna 2014, what difference do you expect in terms of handling the national competition? Will you adopt a new gameplan?
In my days during Ginoong Laguna competition, I honestly didn’t prepare for anything. I just went with the flow. I ate what I wanted but I made sure that my brain is already set for my goal which is to get the title.
7. I am promoting your image as an MMA Fighter, how do you plan to bridge the gap among people who look at you as having a snobbish/bad boy-ish aura?
Being a fighter requires discipline and respect. So in order to remove the misconception of being a snobbish bad boy, I will do my best to be charismatic in and out of training. I will show my humble side by listening more than I talk and not act self-important. No matter how rough the sea is, there is always a beautiful scenery underneath it..how? My life is an open book where everybody can take a peek into, if that’s what it takes for them to know me better.
8. How do you expect your life to change after being named an Official Candidate of Misters of Pilipinas 2015?
Being named an official candidate of Mister of Pilipinas is a big honor and it will most likely change the way I’m being percieved and the choices I get to make. I’m expecting more friends and having more influence which I will use for a good cause.
9) Any message to your followers, J.E.?
J.E. Adajar promises to be in tiptop shape by the time Misters 2015 competition reels off. I will take his word that. Or else, even my limp wrists can collar him in a flash. 😉
Hi followers. 🙂 Thank you and keep stalking. 😀 Follow me on Instagram @jeoutlawmma. Thank you for the love and support. Really appreciate it from the bottom of my heart. Keep holding. Imma go get that title. 😉 Cheers!!!