When Earlmond Ross Lee screened for Misters of Pilipinas 2015 last July 12, the panel was instantly charmed by this 20 year-old applicant who took a chance with his youth, height, eager disposition and an artistic talent that will never go unnoticed. The efforts paid off. He is now an Official Candidate, and will henceforth be tagged “The Violinist from Olongapo City”.
Earl is the eldest among the seven siblings of good-looking couple Edelmar and Lovelyn Lee. I can still recall that fateful afternoon during the Final Casting when the whole family came in full force to cheer him on. Anyone can see the close-knit support system in each one of them. The minute #17 was called as one of the chosen 17, they clapped and shouted with such happiness.
Now I requested Earl to do my Q&A as well. But before that, I want to show you that his violin-playing talent is for real. Below is a short video of one of his private performances during a small event he attended with family members.
Now here are the answers he gave to my questions.
1) As a Misters of Pilipinas 2015 candidate, give me a 30-second intro about yourself which will make followers show more interest in you.
My name is Earlmond Ross Lee and you can call me Earl. I am a graduating student at Lyceum of Subic Bay, taking up Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, I am a musically inclined person who plays the violin. At the age of 20, I am the youngest candidate to qualify in this years Mister Pilipinas pageantry. Watch me as I give my best to our nation.
2) As one of the candidates, what image do you want to show the others?
I would like to show the image of a wholesome young man in the prime of his life.
3) In Miss Universe, a popular running line is “yellow is the color of joy”. What color best represents you?
For me the best color that represents myself is the color blue. Because it symbolizes confidence, intelligence and truth, and when a person has these traits, he or she can be successful in life.
4) Not everyone can win a special award in the competition, but if you are qualified for the following, which would you prefer to win: Mister Friendship or Mister Talent?
I would actually prefer both. But if I were to choose just one, I will pick Mr. Talent because through this skill -which is in playing the violin – I can convey the messages of my heart to a crowd and to people who will hear me play.
5) If you win one of the titles, people will expect you to be a good role model. How will you start building that image if ever?
The winner is always being looked-up to because of their achievements and the title that they hold. Since people will watch and listen to me, I will convey messages of wisdom in my words and act as a good person in everything that I do.
6. How do you expect your life to change after being named an Official Candidate of Misters of Pilipinas 2015?
It will be a great honor to me and my family. I know my life will never be the same, but I assure you it will be for a better one.
7) Any message to your followers, Earl?
Yes! Please support me and pray for me, and rest assured that I will be a good, responsible and God fearing Mister of Pilipinas. 🙂