If you are interested in applying for the competition, below are some of the things you need to know.
Here are the basic guidelines and qualifications for Miss Manila 2015:
In celebration of this year’s Araw ng Maynila, the city government of Manila, under the decree of Mayor Joseph Estrada, is holding a beauty-and-brains search where the best of the best will be ultimately crowned “Miss Manila” on June 24, 2015, 7:00 p.m., at the Philippine International Convention Center (PICC). The proceeds of this year’s pageant will benefit the Ospital ng Maynila and the City of Manila Dialysis Center of MARE Foundation, Inc., a non-profit institution headed by its Chairperson, Dra. Luisa Loi Ejercito-Estrada. This year’s Pageant Director is Ms. Jackie Ejercito-Lopez.
1. Applicant must be a naturally born female;
2. Applicant must be a citizen of the Philippines at the time of application. For this reason, applicant must submit a National Statistics Office (NSO)- issued birth certificate;
3. Applicant must turn at least eighteen (18) years old during the reign of Miss Manila 2015 as defined in Clause H (5), and no more than twenty-five (25) years old on the date of application;
4. Applicant must be at least 5 feet 3 inches tall;
5. Applicant must be single, has never been married, divorced or had a marriage annulled or declared null. She must have never been pregnant, whether or not such pregnancy resulted to actual birth;
6. Applicant must be a high school graduate, and at the time of application, enrolled in or graduated from a reputable university or college;
7. Applicant must be of good moral character and must have not been convicted of any crime, or currently facing prosecution for violation of any law. She must not have at any time engaged in prostitution or any act similar or related thereto;
8. Applicant must have good poise, pleasing personality and engaging charm. She must possess beauty of face and proportionate body structure;
9. Applicant must be proficient in Filipino and English;
10. Applicant must be able to exhibit good knowledge of the history and culture of the City of Manila; and
11. Applicant must meet any one of the following criterion:
a. Born in the City of Manila;
b. Resident of the City of Manila. For this purpose, applicant must submit a certification from the barangay where she resides;
c. Either parent must have been born in the City of Manila. For this purpose, applicant must submit the NSO-issued birth certificate/s of her parent/s;
d. Either parent must be residing in the City of Manila. For this purpose, applicant must submit a certification from the barangay where her parent/s reside;
e. Student of a university/college in the City of Manila for at least two (2) years. For this reason, applicant must submit a copy of her transcript and/or diploma from said university/college;
f. Any relative within the third (3rd) degree of consanquinity must be residing in the City of Manila. For this purpose, applicant must submit a certification from the barangay where said relative resides; or
g. Working in the City of Manila for the past two (2) years. For this purpose, applicant must submit a certificate of employment.
The deadline for submission of application forms will be on May 21, 2015.