I have already posted the first fifteen (15) web interviews of the Bb. Pilipinas 2014 Official Candidates. Time to pick the ones I’m liking so far. My choices are based on how engaging (entertaining if you will) or fluid the ladies are in expressing themselves.
In reverse order now:
13. Kris Tiffany M. Janson – while she tends to sound a little too serious (corporate-ish if you will), the girl really amused me with her secret talent. Talk about turning 180 degrees from the first 30 seconds to the next. Never mind losing the poise for a bit. She will be remembered after watching 40 vids.
5. Hannah Mariz dela Guerra – there is a very endearing “normalcy” in her delivery. You know that she speaks English fluently and does it in a typical Filipino way that never insults the listener. While the question assigned to her is so pageant run-of-the-mill, she still responded spontaneously and did not sound rehearsed at all.
10. Shauna Indra Salina Curran – her voice is just like the association she did for the blue-green color that fits her outlook in life. She has a calming sound and hypnotic presence. And she delivers her answers as if she is filming a motivation infomercial. Her being a radio DJ and Events Host worked big-time.
11. Laura Victoria Lehmann – while her voice tends to teeter towards a slight croakiness, it doesn’t bother a lot. It cannot be denied that she is one proud young lady who details her achievements without sounding boastful. Her mind doesn’t wander off or get blocked. And she definitely has an expressive face.
15. Kimverlyn Suiza – I’ve always looked at her as a very reserved individual who speaks very little and moves in such measured pace. But lo and behold, she turns on the heat once the camera starts recording. And the results are nothing short of charming. Once she started mimicking Pikachu, Kim totally had me – hook, line and sinker.
Now do keep in mind, that these are taped interviews where a second or third take was allowed to give us the most watchable end results. We can be swayed by a girl’s articulate self or be turned off by someone else’s flat and/or reluctant delivery. But at the start of the Q&A on March 30, what will matter most is how the Top 15 will answer their questions in front of a big live audience. 😉