Here’s the press release for Mr. Philippines-World 2010 (being organized by Binibining Pilipinas Charities, Inc.) which will culminate in the selection of the winner tonight during Master Showman Presents on GMA-7. I must say that the screenings and preparations for this year’s competition have been quick and easy. The international contest will already start reeling in next month in Korea which beckons the need to have a national winner who will represent the country in time for the same.
The search for the Philippine representative to the Mr. World competition culminates on Feb. 27, 2010 at German Moreno’s Master Showman on GMA 7. On this night, 17 handsome Filipino men will vie for the title of Mr. World Philippines 2010 and will go on to compete in the finals to be held in Korea the “Land of the Morning Calm”, in March this year.
Mr. World, which was organized in 1996 by the same group that stages the prestigious annual Ms. World Beauty Pageant, has been conducting the international yearly search for that man with the elusive X-factor since its inception. After more than a decade, the pageant haw grown considerably in popularity, so much to the eighty countries are noe slated to compete in the March 27, 2010 competition in Incheon, Korea. The last Mr. World-Philippines search was held in February 2007, where Emmanuel “Bhobby”Mago, an aspiring basketball coach, won the much coveted titile.
All 17 candidates will be squaring off on pageant night, the culmination of personality development training and orkouts. Aside from their physical attributes, their intellect, talents, charm; and wit, as well as character, will all be appraised by a panel of judges comprised of well-known personalities from the fields of business, fashion, and entertainment.
The Mr. World-Philippines 2010 winner will see stiff competition in Korea with 80 other representatives from all over the world flying in for the pagant. Contestants will not only be asked to model menswear and sportswear but, more importantly, will also “be tested on their strength, perseverance, mental agility, and determination against a backdrop of some of Korea’s most spectacular locations”.
Locally, Mr. World-Philippines is being staged by the Binibining Pilipinas Charities, Inc. (BPCI), which has been responsible for grooming beauties for the Ms. Universe, Ms. International and Ms. World pageants. The finals will be held on February 27, 2010, live on German Moreno’s Master Showman.
Mr. World-Philippines is presented by Binibining Pilipinas Charities Inc., in cooperation with Araneta Center Inc. and GMA 7.
The official candidates:
1. Jerby dela Cruz, 22 yrs. old, Roxas City Capiz
2. Rafael Evangelista, 24 yrs. old, San Fernando City, La Union
3. Ian, 22 yrs old, Bacoor, Cavite
4. Jeric, 25 yrs. old, Mandaluyong City
5. Jason Villegas, 20 yrs old, Manila
6. Robert John Porter, 22, Bacolod City
7. Rommel Bungay, 19 yrs. old, Marikina City
8. John Philipp Ramos, 24 yrs. old Nueva Ecija
9. Alvin de Joya 23 yrs. old, Cauayan City, Isabela
10. Donald Sanchez Bahian, 22 yrs. old, Cebu City
11. Jimmy Dionisio, 21 yrs. old, Caloocan City
12. Carlo Morris Galang, 21 yrs. old San Juan City
13. Jason Acero, 23 yrs. old, Guiguinto, Bulacan
14. John Neil Gorospe, 23 yrs. old Sampaloc, Manila
15. Jomar Cosme, 23 yrs. old, Malasique, Pangasinan
16. Jonathan Collado, 24 yrs. old, Silang, Cavite
17. Adrian de la Cruz, 24 yrs. old, Bustos, Bulacan
My favorites among the 17 contenders are:Thanks to Melvin Sia of OPMB Worldwide for the images.
Whoever wins tonight will have his hands full preparing for Mr. World 2010, so best of luck to you! 😉