Early official figures for the box-office performance of all 7 movies in the Metro Manila Filmfest (MMFF) have started pouring in and it looks like a neck-to-neck battle among fantasy-driven flicks, except for Manny Pacquiao’s ‘Wapakman’ that is.
The world-famous Filipino boxer failed to sustain the kind of crowds watching his ring bouts at the multiplexes. Perhaps, his rumored affair with starlet Krista Ranillo (who plays a villain role in the same movie) is adversely affecting its performance. Anyways, here are the December 25 grosses of the MMFF movies, as provided by festival organizers:
1. Ang Panday – P16.9 million
2. Ang Darling kong Aswang – P16.8 million
3. Shake, Rattle & Roll 11 – P16.2 million
4. I Love You, Goodbye – P11.7 million
5. Nobody Nobody but Juan – P8 million
6. Mano Po 6: A Mother’s Love – P6.9 million
7. Wapakman – P0.75 million 😦
The filmfest awards night will be held tomorrow night and if the acting trophies land on Mano Po’s lap, the movie can still zoom past its current box-office placement. And that means, ‘Wapakman’ will still remain the cellar-dweller in this year’s edition, given the significantly wide lead of the 6 other entries.