Okay, shameless plug for our Sunday Specials.
It’s your blogger’s birthday! I won’t say how old I turned today, but it’s been quite a riot of a life ever since I started blogging last 2009. Here’s my list of birthday wishes, aside from hopefully receiving a bigger (HD) TV set (at least 42″ in screen size) and a trip to Prague/Budapest from my loved ones, that is:
1) I wish for a Miss Universe 4-Peat. Of course, who wouldn’t want a 3rd victory in the pageant? But just to keep reality in check, my most fervent desire is to keep the Top 5 placement going – be it 4th, 3rd, 1st or the elusive 2nd Runner-Up position.
2) I wish for at least a Top 3 Miss International placement for Bea Rose Santiago. Surely, there must be something into the Head of International Beauty Congress judging in Bb. Pilipinas 2013 and having a good say on who he wants to wear the Philippine sash in Japan.
3) I wish for a long-overdue Miss World crown for the country. While Julia Morley’s pageant is not the most exciting for us, it remains worthwhile to add the one major title that has escaped our grasp for the loooongest time.
4) I wish for Mutya Datul to gift the Philippines with a Miss Supranational win. The girl, imho, is destined for greater things. Conquering Belarus and the eventual victory – on top of being the first Asian to do so if ever – can be difficult to surmount. But not impossible.
5) I wish for Thailand to make good with its previous commitment to host Miss Earth. That way, a possible win for Angelee delos Reyes be rid of hometown decision blues and the like.
6) Finally, I wish for the Philippines to be named Country of the Year in international beauty competitions. 2012 should have been ours, but Olivia Culpo’s MU win spoiled the rankings and relegated us to runner-up.
Blowing one of my many birthday cakes today. Taken earlier at the Flavors Restaurant of Holiday Inn and Suites Makati.
Which one of these wishes will come true? I want all if you ask me. But if can only choose three, it would have to be #1, #3 and #4.