Today is Good Friday.
I just want to share with you an email sent by a good friend living in Vancouver. This is all about L.E.N.T. – an acronym that stands for Leave Every Negative Thing – and which also spells LENT being observed this week.
Leave Every Negative Thing
As you begin this Holy Season, may you discover the true meaning of LENT, by Leaving behind all Negative things of the past and strive for a Future filled with Hope! (Phi 3:7-14).
A Different Approach to Fasting…
Fasts have a tendency to be oriented toward things like giving up food or television. But there are many other creative ways we can welcome Jesus’ healing touch.
Here are suggestions you may want to consider.
1. Fast from anger and hatred. Give your family an extra dose of love each day.
2. Fast from judging others. Before making any judgments, recall how Jesus overlooks our faults.
3. Fast from discouragement. Hold on to Jesus’ promise that He has a perfect plan for your life.
4. Fast from complaining. When you find yourself about to complain, close your eyes and recall some of the little moments of joy Jesus has given you.
5. Fast from resentment or bitterness! Work on forgiving those who may have hurt you.
6. Fast from spending too much money. Try to reduce your spending by ten percent and give those savings to the poor.
At first, discovering lent by following the guidelines above can be very trying for some and demanding for most. But if we at least give it a try, then it will only contribute to some ‘soul-actualization’ that will do anyone good, within or without the Holy Week commemorations. :)