Fifty. Fab. Fancy. Flashy. Fortunate. Fearless. Feisty. Funny.
The pressure is mounting. As a result of my fairly popular birthday blog
last year, readers have been asking me for a new set of wishes for 2014. And since Gold is the order of the day, allow me to make a litany of fifty (50) wishes – a nice bunch for the country, a cluster for myself, loved ones and this blog, a string for my readers and a handful for Philippine Pageantry.
This is going to be a long post, so bear with me.
For the Philippines:
1. I wish for less disastrous natural calamities hitting the country.
2. I wish for more peace-loving advocates in the battle-ridden areas of Mindanao.
3. I wish for a meeting of the minds between between the Government and the opposition.
4. I wish for all the victims of last year’s ST Yolanda to finally rise up and solidly re-build their future.
5. I wish for less flagrantly greedy politicians/officials in the Upper House, the Lower House, the House of Representatives, the Provincial Capitols, the Municipalities and the various Government Agencies/Departments.
6. I wish for better health over-all.
7. I wish for lower blood sugar.
8. I wish for eye-healthy nutrition and preventive care.
For my Family/Loved Ones:
9. I wish for long life – for my Mama, Papa, brother, sisters, nieces, nephews, brothers-in-law and sister-in-law.
10. I wish for even a manageable windfall of blessings to finance our dream trip to Prague and Budapest with everyone in tow.
11. I wish for my beloved niece Alessi to grow up tall and pretty and more lovable.
12. I wish for a 100% complete Christmas Family Gathering this year.
For normannorman.com (or Norman’s Blog)
My niece Alessi (left) and BPI2014 Bianca Guidotti
13. I wish for this blog to surpass last year’s statistics.
14. I wish for more opportunities to cover pageants – local and abroad.
15. I wish for more ad revenues (so you had better make a habit of clicking those scattered links
For my dear readers:
16. I wish for more successful business ventures for Closer2Fame.
17. I wish for more successful pageant productions for Cool Brew.
18. I wish for more successful Doll Days ahead for mole.
19. I wish for less capitalizations and little more positivity from Angelo Reyes.
20. I wish for more comic relief from basil.
21. I wish for more blushing compliments from rEydan. ;-)
22. I wish for more biting (but still reasonably stated) replies from san longhino, miss tissa and sleuth
23. I wish for more delightfully inquisitive/informative comments from Jude GHLO, Philip dela Torre, DanDan and MrManila.
24. I wish for more frequent inputs from Fabian Reyes, Y.Chang, AG Ricks, Gloria Makabayan and minorka.
25. I wish for more exciting banters from Mrs. Spainhour, jeffjavierfilan, Jaime A, Sunny and Dawn Selya Saladores.
26. I wish for less hiding and more flashes from Chrome, Mrs. AJ and Sheena.
27. I wish for more foreign regulars like Themba and Christie-Ann Lee. I know there are many still-undocumented ones out there.
28. I wish for more hard-to-locate video links/uploads from HUNK5525.
29. I wish for less lurking and a re-appearance by Dexter Co.
30. I wish for continued support and partaking in discussions from all regulars I did not specifically mention above. (I love all of you and the effort you give in visiting this site everyday and posting your views at the same time.)
For Philippine Pageantry:
31. I wish for more crowns for both Aces & Queens and Kagandahang Flores.
32. I wish for more genuinely cooperative co-existence between Aces & Queens and Kagandahang Flores.
33. I wish for more success in the beauty camps of The House of JDV, R-L Angels and Gouldian Atelier.
34. I wish for more good breaks landing on the laps of independent beauty scouts and trainers.
35. I wish for Madame Stella Marquez de Araneta to finally heed the call of pageant fans and supporters to use 100% local designers for the pageant wardrobe of our Bb. Pilipinas Queens.
36. I wish Ms. Cory Quirino to make this year’s Miss World Philippines the best edition ever.
37. I wish Carousel Productions to finally mount its biggest (and most spectacular) out-of-the-country Miss Earth finals in Macau come December.
38. I wish Mutya ng Pilipinas to continue with its glorious re-invigoration in the years to come.
39. I wish Misters of the Philippines 2014 the strength to restore the respectability of and give prestige to local male pageants.
40. I wish the smaller pageant franchise holders to keep the faith in putting up decent productions free from doubts and suspicions.
And now…for the Pièce de résistance
41. I wish for an international pageant assignment for Bb. Pilipinas Tourism 2014 Parul Shah. She so deserves the chance to represent the country overseas.
42. I wish for at least a semifinal placement in Miss Grand International 2014 to whoever will represent us in Bangkok.
43. I wish for a runner-up spot in Miss Tourism International 2014 for Mutya ng Pilipinas 2014. Gunning for a back-to-back-to-back is just too spacey.
MPE2014 Jamie Herrell
44. I wish for Miss Philippines Earth 2014 Jamie Herrell to get either Earth or Air in the Miss Earth 2014 finals.
45. I wish for Bb. Pilipinas Supranational 2014 Yvethe Marie Santiago to reach a minimum Top 5 in Miss Supranational 2014. Methinks the crown will return to either Europe or Latin America come December.
46. I wish for Bb. Pilipinas Intercontinental 2014 Kris Tiffany Janson to win our country’s first Miss Intercontinental title. If that is too much to ask, then I alternately wish for a 2nd or 3rd place placement to better Koreen Medina’s output in 2013.
47. I very sincerely wish for at least a Top 5 Miss World 2014 finish for our eventual Miss World Philippines. I want to convince myself that a 2nd Miss World is doable. But ‘doable’ just won’t cut it this year. There are so many factors crowding the possible scenario of another Filipina scoring the blue crown this soon. If the excellent reign of MW2013 Megan Young will help Julia Morley decide to give the Philippines another victory, then thank you very much. I just want to keep my expectations in check.
The Bb. Pilipinas 2014 Queens (Photo courtesy of Sense&Style Magazine)
48. I very sincerely wish for our country’s 6th Miss International crown courtesy of Bb. Pilipinas-International 2014 Mary Anne Bianca Guidotti. I strongly feel that she has the best chance of achieving a back-to-back among the Grand Slam titles being held by the Philippines right now.
49. I very sincerely wish for our country’s 3rd Miss Universe crown landing in the head of Miss Universe Philippines 2014 Mary Jean “MJ” Lastimosa. To say that this is eagerly-awaited would be an understatement. I wish the reverse of the announcement during the ‘last-two-women-standing’ part of MU2012. I hope that my lips will seal the fate as early as now.
50. I very sincerely wish for all the talks about Miss Universe 2015 being hosted by the Philippines to come to fruition. If the stars align with #49, then we shall all be celebrating the Happiest of Holidays, the Loudest of New Year’s Eve fireworks and a glorious pageant domination carrying over to 2015.