Willan Pagayon is the Mister who can walk the walk and talk the talk
Willan Pagayon, the Marketing Wiz from Iloilo City
Willan is 100% pumped up for Misters
Willan Pagayon is a smooth talker, a serio-comic interviewee and a child at heart. That’s how the 27 year-old marketing guy from Iloilo City strikes me in a nutshell. And he is taking Misters of Pilipinas 2015 with all the commitment he can muster, even if it means leaving his dogs to the help most of the time.
This ever-smiling Ilonggo is the best male representation of his home province, given friendly ways and a distinct charm that can make anyone listen to his thoughts with attentiveness.
I did my usual Q&A with Willan, although I specifically told him that my expectations are higher. In terms of answers, that is. Read below and tell me if he’s the real deal.
1) As a Misters of Pilipinas 2015 candidate, give me a 30-second intro about yourself which will make followers show more interest in you.
– My name is Willan. My friends used to call me “everybody’s best friend” coz I’m always on the go if a friend needs my help. I’m a funny and outgoing type of person. I love extreme sports and adventure. I love to travel in and out of the country. Cooking is one of passions and my stress reliever.
2) As one of the candidates, what image do you want to show the others?
– I joined Misters of Pilipinas not because of the fame and fortune, I joined because I want to be an role model to every Filipino by inspiring them to be good, responsible and God fearing individuals.
3) In Miss Universe, a popular running line is “yellow is the color of joy”. What color best represents you?
– Blue is the color of the sky and sea. It symbolizes trust, loyalty, wisdom, confidence, intelligence, faith, truth, and heaven. It happens to be my favorite color and the best color to represent me.
4) Not everyone can win a special award in the competition, but if you are qualified for the following, which would you prefer to win: Mister Friendship or Mister Talent?
– By nature, I’m a very friendly person so if I choose Mister friendship award it’s not gonna be challenging for me in this year’s competition, so I’d rather get Mister Talent instead.
5) If you win one of the titles, people will expect you to be a good role model. How will you start building that image if ever?
– If I win in this year’s competition, I’ll start my day by visiting the church and giving thanks to God for giving me the opportunity to win and to be his instrument to inspire people’s lives.
I’ll volunteer myself to all NGOs helping the poor and I can help communicate to people and educate them on how to be good, responsible and God fearing individuals.
Willan (right) getting his Misters shirt from Neil Perez (Photo credit: Lito Caleon)
6. How do you expect your life to change after being named an Official Candidate of Misters of Pilipinas 2015?
– I feel great and honored to be chosen as one of the official candidate for this years biggest and prestigious male pageant in the country,
It helps me boost my confidence and enhance my personality better.
7) Some people can be cheesy – literally and figuratively. And you are one person who definitely knows his cheese. What kind will you be and why?
– Having a pure Swiss Girlfriend who happens to be from the cheese capital of the world “Switzerland” she taught me so many things about cheese. So the best cheese to represent me are the aged cheeses particularly “cheddar cheese” it’s my favorite, people may not know that they aged cheddar cheese from 6 months to 7 years. The older the cheese, the more tasty and flavorful. Like life! the older you become, the more experienced you get. The lessons you learn in life to be a better person are like aged cheeses with powerful flavor.
8) Any message to your followers, Will?
– To all my supporters, friends and loved ones this is it! There’s no turning back. I promise to give my 101% in this competition. Wish me luck! Your #ilonggowarrior will fight for the title! #goteamiloilo
Your blogger and Willan Pagayon (Photo credit: Joy Arguil)